User Tag List

Thread: How can I pause my game without the "Application paused" box or sub-application?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can I pause my game without the "Application paused" box or sub-application?

I'm developing for J2ME phones in Clickteam Fusion 2.5 Developer.
    I wonder how it is possible to pause the game. The Help document said that sub-applications are not supported. The "Application paused" dialog box is out of the question because there's no way to select it on the phone.

What I'm thinking about is if there's a way to pause all movements and somehow store their values somewhere when the game is paused and spawn a menu. When the player unpauses the game, all movements should continue in their normal ways. I hope I'm not going to be forced to use my own movement methods because that will be so complicated. I think that J2ME doesn't support floating point numbers which means that my method of using floating point numbers might not work at all.

What do you think about how I should make a menu? Keep in mind that the J2ME export has a limited number of objects and is limited in compatibility.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way I got it working on my phone is to put your main code in a group, then when a user presses the pause button, stop all movement and deactivate the group.
    When you un-pause it, activate the group and start movement. The start/stop movement needs to be done per active object.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After stopping and before starting all movements, will the speed and direction be saved or will they be lost?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speed and Direction are saved. It is like pausing a music track in media player. You are simply pausing the state it was in. An easy way to not have to add Start and Stop actions for every object is to add all these objects to a Qualifier. Then you simply start or stop the qualifier and every object in that qualifier's group will obey the command.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope that that doesn't make objects pass through walls all out of a sudden when they have already been paused by the collission with an obstacle.