User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Treasure Buster - Pinball dungeon crawler hybrid

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are 4 dungeons and a 5th one if you collect enough treasure by the end of dungeon 4. There is really no reason to allow restarting from the last level because that goes against the spirit of how scoring games work.

The game only takes 50 min to beat but the goal is to get the best score before the ride ends.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ah I had no idea. I tried to return to main menu and it told me Progress would be lost so I took for granted that any way I closed the game would cause me to lose progress.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the lizard got busted, saving dungeon 5 for tomorrow

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I am running across a lot of players who are getting confused by this saving system. I was trying to make things simple and automated but it has been interpreted as something else. Can you give me any suggestions on how things could have been presented differently to avoid this confusion? I might try adding a message on boot up that states the game auto saves. But the arcade concept seems lost on a generation of gamers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great game! Been enjoying playing it today. Is there anywhere that displays the previous score for a character? I think that's only my main gripe. Perma-death is fine and all, but there is no progression or indicator of your previous runs on the menus which might be what's confusing people (I don't use Game Center, so can't see scores via that way).

Edit: Found the highscore screen! I actually waited on the menu for a bit and it appeared, thought I had pressed an invisible button It is a lot like the old school arcade machines in this way, but I think would be confusing for a lot of players that generally navigate these menus pretty quickly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a short boot up message is a good choice, I would not make it more complicated than it has to be, also sometimes players seem to demand it:P

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, the scores are meant to emulate old arcade attract mode score tables. But they only show local scores.

I guess players now assume the worst and just think minimizing the app is a guarantee of losing progress? And without a specific "save button" they don't trust the app will save anything. Hmmm, gonna have a think on this one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2