User Tag List

Thread: Preloading a lot of sounds,can I test if they're all loaded before starting the level

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preloading a lot of sounds,can I test if they're all loaded before starting the level

Hi there, been finding useful help on this forum for a while and thought I'd say hello and ask a question...

I'm making a musical game for my son, there's lots of keys on an instrument, I'm preloading the sounds which are all OGGs.

Preloading is great when you hit a button the sound plays straight away, almost no lag - Load on call, or load from disk lag quite a lot.

So I have to use Preload to make the sounds play quickly when you hit the keys, the only problem is that when the level starts nothing happens for a while sometimes when you hit the keys, I guess because the sounds are Preloading, so my questions are:

1. Is there a way to make sure all sound files have been pre-loaded? So I could keep the screen black till they're loaded then fade in when they're all ready?

2. Do these files load alphabetically into memory from the start of the Data Elements?

Thanks for your time!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    mm no sounds are preloaded with the frame not when you play it
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Fernando, thanks for taking the time to reply!

Sorry if I misunderstand, so the frame will only load once all the sounds have actually preloaded?
    Because when I first start my level some of the sounds don't work when I hit objects untill a bit of time has passed, then all the sounds work, like they're loading into memory? I'm testing on a Nexus 5X.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MacAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here, the first action that plays a sound causes a big delay unless i set them to stream from disk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found that on my old Samsung device the level hangs and doesn't load for a while but once it has loaded all the sounds work straight away. So I guess this is the correct behaviour as it doesn't let you play until all the preloaded sounds actually have preloaded.

On my Nexus 5x the level loads fast but then it seems that the preload sound haven't loaded, and it takes a while before they all work.