User Tag List

Thread: Keybindings (change with event) for player movement controls

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keybindings (change with event) for player movement controls

I have a menu where the player can set the keybindings for the movement controls...the problem is, is that I use the 8 Direction Movement for the player. Is there a way for me to change the player controls to what the user has inputted without making a thousand events like, if player sets key to value "c" then set key to c?

I realize I could do a custom movement, but the default 8 directions seems to work fine and is easy and simple. But if I can't figure out this, I guess I may have to do a custom movement.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can do this in the event editor, under the Joystick icon -> Player control -> Set key

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, but is there a way to set the key to the player input rather than the input I select?
    I realize I could do something with this like "if player sets key to value "c" then set key to c?" but i would have to do so for every key on the keyboard.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm, you don't have to make many events, only one for each action your game uses, like up, down, right, left and fire keys..
    But after looking more into it, I am not sure there actually is a good way of saving the user input using this approach, unless you actually DO make an event for every key as you suggested.
    000000_Set_Key.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. If anyone else has any ideas for how to do this I would appreciate it. If I have to switch over to custom movement it will be a pain since I have over 2500 events.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you checked out the Control X object? It handles more keyboard related features, binding included. You can compare keys as names or values rather than that in-built "Press key thing".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah you are truly a genius. I was using the Control X to set the controls in the keybindings and get player input, but I didn't even think to use it to set the player default controls. Thanks!!