User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: There's an input problem with Fusion.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Input bug with Player 1 object. GIF and MFA

Hey all.

I've set up a menu, but I experienced this bug with my double-tap-dash maneuver earlier in development, as well as during the making of a name select.

Here's the issue.

When you press a direction and a button simultaneously (or possibly just very close to one another, as I can repeat the problem consistently), the directional input gets doubled.

Happens with all directions and with every button that is mapped to "Fire 1-4" So pressing down and A B X or Y, when I hit them close together, once, firmly, the cursor moves two grid spaces down.

It's not just the controller either. I was doing this with the keyboard back on the name select menu. It's definitely a bug with Player 1 object.

In case your wondering I'm not using any "repeat while" events, Just "moved right" "moved left" "moved top" "moved down".

This seems like something that might be way deep the heck down, but i think this deserves the highest priority for getting fixed quickly.

For action games with a lot of quick input this could and probably has been a thorn in peoples' sides.

I 'nerfed' the issue on the dash and name select by putting a couple frame delay after the first input, but sometimes the player will still dash unexpectedly. It even happens when I use the built in pause feature. Pressing a directional input and the key that I've set to pause the application at the same time will freeze everything but I can see that the dash has started. Very frustrating.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's really weird - if you have an example MFA, it might be worth putting that up to see if other people have the same issue. Is it feasible for you to switch to a different input object such as the Control-X object to get around it?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With other things like movement, it's understandable if they don't offer the same quality as custom systems or alternative extensions, but for the basic INPUT of the application, don't you think it should be flawless?

Here's a gif of it happening. Very easy to recreate:

directionproblem.jpg

And the MFA to try it out:

DirectionDoubling.mfa

The strange thing is that there is no input in the events other than Moved Top/Down/Left/Right, yet pressing a Fire button simultaneously with a direction causes this to happen. Happens on both the keyboard and controller.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interesting find! I can reproduce it here with my keyboard. I also modified your .mfa with the Control X object instead and the issue disappears. Only had to replace the directions and leave the fire buttons as Player Object conditions for it to work.

Looks like something in the default input system is bugged?

Btw - Just curious about why do you "Sub -1" instead of "Add 1"?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sub -1 is just caus I was lazy.

Alright so I thought I came up with a simple workaround, but, it only led me to discover another amazing facet of this bug. This one is a little harder to reproduce because it requires a specific timing, but when you press a direction and then a Fire button closely following but sort of as your thumb leaves the D-pad, the Fire input becomes a directional input so the object moves an extra space. Yeah.

Here's the example:

DirectionDoublingSEMIWorkaround.mfa

Just sort of go back and forth between a direction and a button and you'll eventually see the object move on a fire input.

The workaround btw was to put a 1 frame cooldown on the inputs, and it did help the simultaneous-input bug, but yeah...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You could try send a bug report on the Bug Tracker. That way you get the attention of the developers and best case scenario they figure it out and fixes it for the next version. Worst case; it cannot be fixed but we'll never know until we try

Just make sure its easy for them to reproduce. Like including a .mfa and a gif/video that shows the issue happen. And clear instructions. The less work they have to do to reproduce it, the better!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I submitted to the Bug Tracker, sent an email as well. I've got a Gif and an MFA right up there ^^

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's an input problem with Fusion.

Does this have anything to do with keyboard rollover?

http://blog.controlspace.org/2010/08...ow-to.html?m=1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think so. My keyboard passed the test on that site, and I'm only pressing 2 inputs simultaneously, and semi-simultaneously, but a good way to find out would be to get more people to test out the example MFA.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got similar problem to yours, only in my case when I press, say, left arrow and space (Fire3), it fires two times (jump control). Normally it wouldn't be a problem as I'm using PMO and this mean the only effect is that jump sound gets doubled, but since I've done double jumping, that means you won't be able to double jump if you press arrow key and jump button at the same time.

So, similar problem, but also kinda opposite, instead of movement getting doubled, FireX input is getting doubled.

Note that I'm using keyboard and standard joystick input (player object).

//edit: Tested with the usb gamepad that I have and the same deal, so it isn't the keyboard wiring issue someone mentioned here (not to mention it isn't anyway as it doesn't happen in other games either that use arrows for movement and space for jump/doublejump.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast