User Tag List

Thread: Lag problem (too many active objects?)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lag problem (too many active objects?)

Hi,

I made a little maze game, but I have lag/shuttering problem at the beggening of the scene. I dont know why, I only have 8 events and small 8 bits graphics. Maybe it's my active objets to make the walls of the maze (I have 358 active objects). Do you think it's too much? Is it possible to merge all the objects of the same kind together? Perhaps it could help too have only 20 or 25 long wall, instead of 358 little parts of the wall?

Or maybe the problem it's my background. It's an active background (the grey square), then selected an image to duplicate, a little grass title. Is it the best process?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In general no --
    but -- Making games in Fusion is a bit of an art (Just like every other programming language)
    You need to learn its little tweaks on what works good and what works bad.

This is a great article to get people thinking https://stuartspixelgames.com/2014/0...r-fusion-game/
    But its no way covers every situation.

I always like to point people to Indie Game Creator -- http://indiegames.clickteam.com/ and they can see some of the biggest games created with Fusion there.
    You can judge for yourself if your game looks like it has a similar task loading or not.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff, just curious but can you think of any other specific situations that could be added to the guide to make it even more helpful to other?

I wrote the guide and want to make it as broad and helpful to others as possible. Thanks for sharing it by the way, I love seeing that people are finding it useful.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help. After some tests, I changed D3D9 by D3D8, and I got less lag!