User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hero loses two lives when touching bottom of the frame

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Hero loses two lives when touching bottom of the frame

Hello, I have been working on a simple platformer game, and I was using the instructions from the tutorial for Choco-Break to make the player lose one life when touching the bottom of the frame. However, whenever I test it, the game always deducts 2 from the total. How can I fix this? Is it because I am using a big(ish) sprite?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add onto the event:
    Only one action when event loops.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your quick answer and sorry for being obtuse, but where do I find that? I've been following tutorials exactly as they show and still managing to get NO results. It's quite frustrating for a newb.

I feel like I'm going to be one persistent source of queries, so let me apologize in advance.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In conditions, Special object (icon is two little gears in default skin), and then in Limit conditions submenu.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that Darkhog. Perfect. I left that out.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Application 1.mfa I am still having the same results: 2 Lives Lost. Thanks for your help again!

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try adding Run this event once instead (same menu).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use this. Look at line 5. Hope this helped.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much! It works perfectly!

Why does it work when you added "Y Position Set", but it didn't work the other way? Any ideas? I really want to understand how this program works but it's like voodoo to me, all chicken feathers and entrails... I am coming over from RPG Maker so this is like a whole new language. I keep fighting the urge to abandon it and return to the familiar, but I don't really like making RPGs, and always pushed the limits of the engine.

Thanks again, everybody!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think and this is just me,..it could be a bug in "leaves frame at bottom", but not sure. I have found that working with Fusion and before Fusion that it's best to use custom everything if you can. Believe me I use a lot of the built in fuctions,.but try to use other ways instead sometimes. Are you using the newest version? The beta version R287.3..? If not I would use it. It's the latest version in beta. I seems to not have any issues and always use the beta's until the official release. Never had a problem and if I do,.I can always go back one build.

Also, if you are new to Fusion,.it's going to take time to learn it well..!! I've been using game makers since Klik n Play,.then Click and Create,.then all the Clickteam products. LOL,.I'm old. I can't wait until Fusion 3 comes out. Hopefully a lot of these issues will be fixed/updated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast