User Tag List

Thread: Two bugs with memory game: Stopped animation desync and lost rng value

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Two bugs with memory game: Stopped animation desync and lost rng value

Hi all

I just bought the engine and humble bundle stuff and I'm learning slow and steady from the introductions and tutorials online. I have two problems with the memory game from the introduction video 2 on youtube.
    I created the game and have code running to animate (2 frame) the face that the player can click on. Everything in the game works generally, but I have two/three problems that I'd like to fix for future projects.

1) The faces pop up and you must click them in the order they pop up, but the area you can click is extremely small (how do I make this larger?)
    2) After popping up, the selected face goes out of sync with the animations of the unselected face. So it is easy to tell which ones popped up even if you didn't pay attention. (how do I resync after selection?)
    3) Occasionally, the variable C that allocates the order of the faces which do pop up. Occasionally the program missed a face, so for example "1, 2, ... , 4, 5" show up, and 3 is missing for some reason. (what the heck is causing this??)

Please and thank you for any advice. I think #2 is especially important for me to learn and understand, how the timing system works for animations.
    Attached files Attached files