User Tag List

Thread: Pause and resume with xbox 360 controller?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pause and resume with xbox 360 controller?

For the life of me I can't figure out how I can use pause and RESUME application function with xbox 360 controller object on a win app. I can get the application to pause with desired xbox button but I can't resume without keyboard input? Is there a way to make it so that start button pauses/unpauses the game with default pause action (I am not interested about deactivating game logic groups)?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old thread, but I've been trying the same with TimerX and I'm not sure it's possible to pass anything other that a neat keystroke to unpause the game. Is there another extension that handles timescale triggering from non-keyboard triggers?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know, there isn't really a catch-all extension for pausing. For the most flexibility, you have to go through and do it all through events. It's not terrible to work in.

Here's an example that I just cooked up. It covers pausing and unpausing for a ball and a Time X timer. It works with Key Object, default key input, and Joystick 2. Easily adaptable to Control X, XBOX Gamepad, mouse/touch, etc.

Hope this helps.

pause.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @raxabit , Is nice, but if I understood, it stops only the ball object. If you have a 50 elements, you must tu put all inside a group of elements. Maybe can be complex.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Junix It's not as complicated as you might think. This is especially true if you start working it in early on.

For example, if you have a bunch of different things that you want to stop when the game is paused, give them all a qualifier. Make the qualifier stop instead of each individual thing.

It really is worth the effort!