User Tag List

Thread: Counting different types of objects

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Counting different types of objects

I have various active objects named with a running index (i.e., 'item1', item2', ...) and create them randomly using 'create object by name'. Each has a alterable value with the same name (say, 'price')
    If possible, I want to add the values of existing objects together in one expression.

What works is: NCount("item1")*price("item1")+NCount("item2")*pri ce("item2")+...
    However, this requires me to maintain a long expression for each addition item type. Alternatively, I can create an event fore each type and add it to a global counter - but this also requires maintaining one event per new object type.

I was wondering whether there is a simpler way to do it.
    I was hoping to do it using a fast loop, each iteration adding the following to a global counter: NCount("item"+Str$(LoopIndex("counter")))*price(it em"+Str$(LoopIndex("counter")))
    However, this doesn't validate in the expression editor (it expects only actual strings pointing to actual objects).

Is it possible to do something like this?
    Is there a better way to create 'similar but different' objects and do identical operations on them?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't you use a qualifier for these objects?

Then you only need to run a for each object on the qualifier at the NCount of the qualifier and then you can easily get the total price value of all objects.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! this is exactly what I was looking for. I'm new to this environment, and didn't think to look for that feature under 'events'.

Thanks