User Tag List

Thread: How to close a window with Subapp Modal enabled?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How to close a window with Subapp Modal enabled?

Hello, I'm new here but messed with Fusion for a long time, sure Im still a newbie but even so.

What I want to know is if its possible to close the game while inside the Subapp in Modal mode. Its very useful to create a pause menu screen, but I can see a lot of players freaking out if they try to close the game clicking on the X button or pressing Alt+F4 and nothing happens.

I know that you can simply exit the menu and then close the game, but its possible to close the game while inside of it, pressing the X and alt+f4?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use a Global Value to store "close when sub-app is closed".
    Run End Application in sub-app.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But then it would close the game by the simple fact of exiting my pause menu. Also it wouldn't enable someone to click the "X/close button" in the window, it is even possible to re-enable it while using modal?

Even so you gave my the idea of creating a global event where forcibly "alt+f4" will always close the game, thanks. I'm still waiting to know if its possible to re-enable the close button.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it wouldn't close the game by exiting the pause menu. End Application is how you exit subapps. Use a Global Value, like I said.
    If the user closes the game, you set the global value to 1, and close the subapp.
    In the parent app, once the subapp has finished, you check whether that value is 1, and if so, close the parent app.

And no, it wouldn't be possible to re-enable the close button. The clicks aren't sent by Windows, because Windows is told to ignore all attempts to click anything in the parent until the child subapp is closed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh so thats it then...
    Thanks a lot Phi for taking your time.