There currently is no File object for J2ME and J2ME is not supported, but I would love to use one if there existed one. Could someone please make an extension for J2ME where I can:
- Open a file as binary
- Create new binary file
- List files in a folder or on disk
- Copy/Delete/Rename files and folders
- See and change properties of files and folders
- Stream data from files without loading them into RAM (I don't know if that's possible in J2ME)
- Do data operations like in the Binary Object
- Move/copy files betwen the JAR file, the RMS and the phone's filesystem both internal and external (SD card for example)
- Do all of the above with the files and folders in the JAR file, the RMS and the phone's filesystem both internal and external (SD card for example)
I plan to make this game either free or commercial whether bundled inside of a Humble Bundle version or Steam version. I also plan to make the source code available to those who pay, or if the game will be free, I might make the source code free too. I might also put the source on ClickStore. The extension must allow me all of these things without any royalties or fees just like the File extension doesn't have any.
Is anyone interested in developing this extension?