User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need help with angles please

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need help with angles please

I'm trying to get the angle of the segments to rotate accordingly with their position in the chain, like a tentacle would. I'd also like to be able to sprout 2 or 3 tentacles per anchor at random directions for each new tentacle. Any idea how to make this happen? I've attached an mfa with what I have thus far.

Thank you all in advance!

Tentacle.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump. Can anyone please help?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angle: Have each link in a chain face the previous one, or use rotation of previous link as rotation base that you off set on the new link?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you describe in more detail what you want?
    I'm afraid your description is not comprehensive enough.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wall snake MFA in the thread Mobichan mentioned is very much like what I want to do.

Basically I'd like a source active object that acts as an anchor to be able to have 2-3 of it's own tentacles and have multiple instances of each of these active objects. Picture multiple instances of this type of enemy with their own unique tentacles made of segments.

The wall snake seems like it is fixed on having only 1 tentacle and the cos sin side of things is not my strong suit.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you need truly independent AI on each tentacle, it is going to be cpu intensive if you want 3+ tentacles on multiple enemies at once. But my example will handle it with a little modification. You would want to use for each loops.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are looking ways to optimize, original Castlevania games had precalculated look-up-table instead of calculating relative positions in run time for whip and segmented snake like objects..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really more of a question of how with the math, and then I can work on optimization from there.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I love those utterly-ugly looking villains from old-school horror themed games
    (say, this one, lovely )

if you are fine with tentacles swinging around without much sense
    I've tried making a quick example:

tentacles.mfa

works fine with multi-objects and multi-tentacles
    should be no problem for performances
    (but can be still optimized)

instructions: just attach any number of "segments" over the "body" in the frame editor (duplicate or remove the existing ones)
    full tentacles will grow out from each single segment, attached to the relative body in the position you placed it

you can customize the number of segments for tentacles
    and min-max distance of each node from the other in the "body" object

I also included a sample example for damaging the tentacle (click over segments)
    so that when you destroy a node, the full branch from there on will be destroyed

Tentacles movement could be randomized or timed in different ways with little effort,
    if instead you need to "control" them and make them act sensically..
    this might be more problematic

If you'll actually end up using this example for something,
    you might need to track down and substitute the global values I've used (since you'll likely are using those already),
    I should have used another active object for this, sorry..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast