User Tag List

Thread: Swipe up/down/ left/right gestures

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Swipe up/down/ left/right gestures

Hi guys!

Is there any in depth tutorial for beginners on how to make swipe gestures in CT for mobile devices?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swipe.mfa It's that what you mean?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the one, thank you!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexexhowl View Post
    Swipe.mfa It's that what you mean?
    Thank you very much, this was exactly what I needed! To anyone else reading this, if you're new to the Multiple Touch object and looking to find out how to do swipes, use this mfa!

When I started learning about Multiple Touch, all I could find were examples that were really hard to understand without any prior knowledge of the object. Started using the built-in gesture recognition and the Gesture Recorder, which are really great for gestures but not for swipes. The problem with the built-in gesture recognition is that it doesn't distinguish between up/down or left/right (seems to only see horizontal or vertical), and that a tiny movement while tapping is already seen as a swipe.

Now, this mfa shows you how to make a difference between swiping up or down, left or right, and also how to not register tiny (accidental) swipes as swipes, but only register longer swipes as swipes.

I had been googling for a while now before finding this thread, wish I had found it sooner instead of looking for solutions to the built-in gesture recognition's issues with swipes. I rewrote a whole part of my game after finding this thread. Tried to add as many keywords to this post as possible so it'll end up higher in searches!