User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Android Object capture portion of screen - Not always capturing the right X position?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Android Object capture portion of screen - Not always capturing the right X position?

When you use the android object to capture a portion of the screen, you set an X position and a Y position. The Y position I don't have issues with it seems, but on different phone / tablet resolutions the X position captures an offset image. I've tried creating an object and telling the Android Object to capture from that objects X position but still have the same issue.

Here's an example of the issue. The wrong one was saved on a Galaxy Tab A while the one that works was saved on an old Nexus 7. You can see the one with the issue is saving the screenshot to the left of where it should be and showing part of the interface.

I'm also having a separate issue regarding saving the images. Right now the images are being saved to DCIM/Camera, but this only seems to work on Samsung devices I assume because different brands have a different file structure. Is there another directory I should be saving images to?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    a small mfa and a bug report will help to review this.

DCIM/Camera exist in all devices, can you mention which device does not have this to check?

and images are save in pictures directory after asking where does this folder is, could be that user delete this folder?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tested saving on two different phones that weren't Samsung phones and saving pictures didn't seem to work. Perhaps it wasn't due to the directory structure. One was an HTC but I'm not sure on the exact phone.

Here's the code I'm using, is this correct?
    ExternalStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) + "/DCIM/Camera/" + "FaceMaker_" + Str$(Global Value I) + ".jpg"
    As for the X position, I'll make a stripped down MFA and replicate the issue then submit a bug report.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    mm not necessary all have the /DCIM/Camera in external?

question why don't you save using a folder created by you?

using file object you can create a folder

ExternalStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) + "/FaceMaker"

then at start of frame check if the above directory exist (always a good move), using a condition in file object

and them save

ExternalStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) + "/FaceMaker/FaceMaker_" + Str$(Global Value I) + ".jpg"

that should work in all devices since you are creating the folder and check for the existence at start, this will not depends on any devices folder structure.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give it a whirl, thanks very much

I will admit I don't really know what I'm doing with file saving and whatnot at the moment so I'm kind of bodging the code as I go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't seem to get it to create a directory using the file object, using:

> Directory Actions
    > Create a directory
    > ExternalStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) + "/FaceMaker"

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, though my device only seems to have "internal storage" at the highest level. Should I be using DataStorageDirectory$ instead? Or am I just doing something wrong? It was working when I was using DCIM/Camera on my device at least while still calling it ExternalStorageDirectory...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    post a small mfa which involve the file object and android object only
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an MFA file that includes both the screen capture code and the directory creation code.

https://app.box.com/s/51e94hv42tc9iqhmy861t62wl0xltpfx

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ExternalStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) + "/FaceMaker" -------> this is correct (as mentioned above), but inside you are using /Facemaker/ which Is not correct for folders, I also notice that the type of scaling is altering the results of the image I will check here.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I tried it with both /FaceMaker and /FaceMaker/ but I'll give it another go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast