User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: [WIP] Space Avenger - Empire Of Nexx

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Eagle4 looks like spaceships controls very "arcadish" (acceleration, decelleration, rotation) that is was on the plan?
    anyway, looks very polished and big projects.

Forum Moderator Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, all the game is very acadish ^^ It is an arena shooter

Thanks for your comment
    My effect library are available
    http://myetic-studio.fr/produits.php

My Game
    Luor | Remedium | Sky Invader

Forum Moderator Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I all,

Here is a new teaser for Space Avenger - Empire of Nexx :

Hope you enjoy ! ^^

My Game

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some great special effects in this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love twin stick shooters - it's one of my favourite genres - and this one looks like a really good one. I don't see a multiplier system, which is usually a big part of the fun in the genre, but I see there's some sort of multiple currency system with the stars and the crystals, which is intriguing. Very nice production values. This definitely looks like the sort of game I would buy in a heartbeat.

If I may say though, I don't like the style of the trailer much. I think it has the wrong focus. Let me explain what I mean.

The music, the text about heroes and a world at war, the fiery sun backdrop... it's all just sooooo EPIC. So epic that it kind of dwarfs the gameplay footage, to be honest.

The trailer promises a tense, edge-of-my-seat narrative, yet I don't see any narrative devices in the actual game footage: no characters, no dialogue, no visible plot. All I see is an arcade game. And anyone who's played arcade games knows that their strengths don't lie in narrative excitement. The best twin stick shooters have either a very simple storyline with paper-thin characters (eg. Renegade Ops) or no story content at all (eg. Waves, geometry wars, ion assault).

So when I see a trailer like this that tries to get me super excited about fighting an epic war upon which rests the fate of the galaxy, it doesn't work. I can see immediately that this game is not Mass Effect, and that it's not going to spend much time developing deep storylines to get me emotionally invested in the gameworld. It's an arcade game that will live or die based on how well it hooks me with its gameplay, graphics, and intensity.

Yet the trailer works against this. The gameplay looks fast and frenetic, whereas the music is slow and ponderous. The heart of the game is clearly the arcade action, yet the trailer tries to convince me that the heart of the game is its narrative drama.

I mean this criticism as constructive criticism, and I hope you don't take offence. It looks like an awesome game, so let the game speak for itself! The extra narrative drama element just gets in the way, and promises a type of emotional experience that you likely won't actually deliver.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This game looks looks great, awesome, wicked, cool and has some of the best effects i have ever seen in a fusion game.

Love the trailer. Epic work. I get a good sense of great game old style space shooter and a bit of a story to explain why i am blowing the crap out of all those other ships. Excellent.

I will buy this game. Best wishes to you. Thanks for the inspiration to make seriously good games in clickteam fusion. I will buy some of your effects. Seriously blown away how good they are. The water and flame thrower are just so cool.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks great, I would buy this. The effects are really well done and the gameplay looks smooth - nice work there!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey ! Thanks you all for your support
    @Volnaiskra : In fact, the game have a little story with some little dialog ^^ the game is not an ultra arcadish game like geometry war... But it's a classic arena shooter with some event and little story :p
    For now, I keep the surprise with story

My Game

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love for you to make a basic "twin stick engine" and chuck it on the Click Store, I'd buy that in a second.

Looks fantastic.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5