User Tag List

Thread: Underwater distortion effect for cross-platform?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Underwater distortion effect for cross-platform?

Hi guys,

We've been searching the wide web for a way to create a good looking, underwater effect. I know there's shaders available, but we need it to work on android and iOS as well.

Anyone aware of any tricks we could use to create something like that?

Cheers!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's a good looking water effect in your opinion? Do you really need the distortion effect?
    Apply the shader distortion effect only on PC and leave it out for Android and iOS? With some nice looking graphics you don't need the distortion effect I think.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like many of the shaders around here, they have such a professional look to them.

I guess we could just leave them out for mobile tbh, I imagine it would only be appreciated on big phones or tablets.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine there might be a really complicated (and possibly resource intensive) way to achieve this without shaders, but I'm not sure how. Shaders are probably your best bet, unfortunately.

For a particularly good underwater effect, I recommend the Clement one that you can get from the clickstore. I'm pretty sure it's in his Effect Pack #1. I use a customised/tweaked version of that in my underwater levels (You can see it in action in the video background of my website)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't sparckman create a pretty cool tutorial for underwater stuff? Can't remember if it was cross platform though but it looked really nice

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFAIK Sparckman tutorial used perspective object and it's not cross platform .

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A good way to achieve this is, to apply the shader in PC runtime using D3D9 and then run the application with the animation looping.

Take a video recording of the predefined area with a decent video recorder (ie: GeForce Experience) and crop it down. You can then throw it into your favourite editing software to do some frame skipping etc. and export it out as a GIF or AVI and then re-import into Fusion 2.5 as an active. If it's only a looped animation that is say 320x240 big, you can achieve this with an output of around 2mb, maybe 4-5mb uncompressed if you can do a quick loop.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed, image animation could do the trick unless you need to move your character underwater, then it wouldn't work.
    I'm not sure this can be done without shaders, gladly Fusion 3.0 will fix this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am fairly certain you will need shaders in order to accomplish this effect without actually animating the effect itself.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is from 1 year ago. But i need to answer questions.
    USE THE PERPECTIVE EXTENSION!