User Tag List

Thread: Saving Does Not Work On Android But Does on Windows

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Saving Does Not Work On Android But Does on Windows

I am continuing my thread here from this one. Seem windows saving is working but for whatever reason Android saving isn't. Also does anyone know how to setup the emulator withing Clickteam Fusion 2.5 so I can test within the app without having to export, upload to google drive, then downloading it to my Android Device. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Microline Games

Source Code: Battle Guppies.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you test the example in your other thread? I also attached a test apk file in this thread now.
    The emulator within Fusion 2.5 - you mean Build and run(Ctrl+F8)? This is probably the fastest way to test your apps.
    It should work with USB-Debugging enabled on your phone and Adb drivers installed on your computer.
    Sometimes it's necessary to install Adb driver package manually in the Windows device-manager.
    I build your example with Build and run and tested the app on my PC. The whole process took less than 20 seconds.

Edit: When you use Build and run, you probably get the Steam error 'Failed to start game (app already running).' the next time you start Fusion because adb.exe process is still active.
    In this case use the taskmanager to close adb process manually or try a Run command/bat file - for example: taskkill /f /im adb.exe /t
    Attached files Attached files

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, this copy of my game works but the one I posted doesn't. Also the one on the previous thread didn't work but this one does. What are you doing differently from my attachment above? I did everything you said like removing the default name and in unchecking save to application directory. I then included an action to set the save file manually in a start frame event like you said to no avail. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Microline Games

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make a separate event for Start of Frame → Set current file (Frame 3).

Edit: Also don't make those OR events and deactivate all lines with Windows path when you build the Andoid app (Frame 2 + Frame 3).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I deactivate an event without deleting it altogether or resorting to 1 mfa file per os?
    When you use Build and run, you probably get the Steam error 'Failed to start game (app already running).' the next time you start Fusion because adb.exe process is still active.
    In this case use the taskmanager to close adb process manually or try a Run command/bat file - for example: taskkill /f /im adb.exe /t
    Yea I was wondering why that suddenly started happening thanks. Is this a bug in MF 2.5 and are the developers aware of it? Is there a bug fix in the works for this? It was really annoying to have to open task manager every time and close steam bootstrap which is what I was doing before you told me about the trick above. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Microline Games

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microline_Games View Post
    How do I deactivate an event without deleting it altogether or resorting to 1 mfa file per os?
    You could simply deactivate the Windows related events or use separate groups for Windows or Android -
    or try a Special condition:

Edit: I uploaded the file again. I forgot to remove an event that wasn't necessary anymore.
    Attached files Attached files