User Tag List

Thread: Auto Generate Paths Concept?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto Generate Paths Concept?

Hi there.

Let's say I have a few dots and I wanted to generate paths between them. What is the best way to accomplish this without manually making each path.

Example:

In the example below we will use "o" as a place for a path to begin and end and the dots are ways this can interconnect:

o....o
    ...o..
    .o..o.

In this example, the first "o" can go in a straight line to the "o" on the top line, also can connect to the single "o" on the second line by either moving to the right some and then down, and also to the third line by moving down 2 and to the right 1, etc etc.

Is there any logical way to accomplish this? (picture this on a bigger 1920 x 1080 scale.

One Idea I had is, on each turn of the "dots" in the above example (for example) is to add an active that when collisioned with could relay what direction the item should move to next and avoid pathing all together and just use bouncing ball

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so the "rule" is that you can move across adjacent dots (.) and nodes (o)

you could use an array, if your level design is gridlike enough
    on each move you test available directions in adjacent cells,
    the array could contain data just like the example you pictured above

or
    for more flexibility and possibly quickness in level design (but worse performance, hardly significant though)
    you could place a series of actives for dots,
    then on each move you test the available actives in a given distance (i.e. < 40-50 pixels, or whatever smallest unit of distance between dots you will use)
    and then enable moving only towards those

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would something like pathfinding object help?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone that comes across this, I solved it in the following way without giving the objects a path.

I created small actives and aligned them on the corners of where the object needed to turn and assigned an alterable value that stated the direction to turn (ie: 28, 8, 19, etc) and setup a collision test. When the object collisions with the directional active, the direction of the object is changed to the alterable value of that directional active. This allowed me to reuse actives once I had the base amount created.