User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: All of Rowanas's problems

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intriguing. I sent it to my mate (he initiated this whole business) and it worked for him, then I tried it once myself and it worked again, but now it's no longer working again. I've closed down clickteam and tried again in case I get one shot. I've reverted to exactly the way it was when it worked, but the tankette doesn't exist, nor does it exist when I close and reopen that exact file and try to run it again.

My version is a copy/paste of yours, and the turret rotation is still crazy. This isn't a big deal because the invisible mouse object solution is admittedly less elegant, but it works.

Always: [TURRET] Set diurection to ATan2(YMouse - Y( "Turret" ), X( "Turret" ) - XMouse ) + 180

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator ProFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, you don't set it in Set Direction, you set it in Scale and Angle -> Set Angle
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The what now? I don't see it anywhere, nor is anyone online or in helpfiles keen to give me an exact location for it. It should be in the active object, right?

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator ProFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can be found there, unless you have the free version which it may not include it, I am not sure about that. (Although the wheels use this so it should not be a problem)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't actually read the forum rules, so I don't know what level of language is appropriate, but I (****ing/bloody/deeply, delete as appropriate) love you.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, short question now. I feel like all of these should be simple and easily located in the tutorials, and yet...

So, when I did the chocobreak tutorial, I placed objects and they were automatically collidable(?), but now my objects are not. I checked that the appropriate physics options were selected to make bullets, backdrop etc all collidable, plus I changed bullets and the target to static no physics options like my colliding objects were in the tutorials, but still they will not collide, and so I'm unable to test if my simple HP-o-meter is working. In theory, I should fire 3 shots at the target, have those shells collide with the target, and after 3, he is destroyed.

Once again, I call upon the noble forumites to work this out for me. (If anyone can figure out why I have to reload several times before my active vehicle will actually spawn in, or why firing more than once crashes the run 3/4 of the time, I'd be obliged)

Firing test.mfa

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've spent hours looking over everything, and I still can't see what we're doing wrong. Let's just *BUMP* this, see if anyone knows.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Change event 9 to "Bullet overlapping target" instead of "Bullet collides with target", the bullet does not EXACTLY touch the perimeter of the target so this event will only rarely work, so it should be swapped. You should also destroy the bullet in this event.

Change event 10 to "Health of Target Lower or Equal to 0", instead of just equal. When the bullet overlaps the target, it takes away 20, therefore you will either get 10 or -10 if your health is 50, therefore it will never be 0.

Also, I recommend creating separate threads for different problems, it will be easier to navigate for people with the same problem.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BartkekB, oh sorry, the second one was something I fixed while fiddling, and I put a "Bullet destroyed when overlapping target" event in as well for good measure, above the target destroyed one to prevent the final bullet from continuing on. That does seem to work for the bullet, but the "target" object still isn't preventing my vehicle from moving through it.

Overlapping instead of colliding didn't really occur to me, because in the tutorials, colliding works fine. Why isn't it working here, to prevent my car from rolling straight under the target?

EDIT: Setting the chassis to collide and the bullet to overlap appears to get the behaviour I wanted. Jesus, that makes no sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2