Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All of Rowanas's problems

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of Rowanas's problems

Hello there, noble forumites. I'm pulling out my hair trying to find things that actually work on this bloody forum (do chipmunk and box2d exist? the extensions finder says no), so I'm going to dump all my problems in here for someone to stumble across and hopefully fix.

For context, a friend and I are working out how to make a tank/car arena combat game, hopefully expanding later to resemble Autoduel. At the moment we're in the very beginning of the project, and I'm trying to work out how to get my wheels to turn properly. I thought I had managed it with a physics static movement object set as a revolute joint attached to the vehicle, but the wheels are turning the wrong way. I also want the front wheels to only rotate within a given range relative to the vehicle (like a real car, the wheels mustn't swivel 360, or stay between 45 and 135 regardless of which way the car is facing.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't know how to do that with physics
    but maybe this could give a similar result?

Wheels test_1.mfa

Then you'd maybe want to modify the vehicle direction a bit while wheels realign parallel to the body?

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here, this just makes the wheels rotate accordingly, as well as inverse when the car is reversing.

Wheels test fix.mfa
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the point goes to Bartek, although Schrodinger, if he hadn't included the reversing wheel, you'd have it by 20 minutes. The behaviour of the wheel while reversing but forward is pressed, goes a little oddly, though I think I know how to fix that now that I've been given this assistance. Many thanks, and stay tuned for the next thrilling installment of Rowanas' problems.

Out of interest, I don't see a point to the counters. I deleted them and it made no difference whatsoever. Am I missing something? EDIT: No worries. I'm not a loon, phew.

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I forgot to delete them. They were just for testing :P

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ahh I totally overlooked reverse movement
    (could be implemented by reversing angles as well)

Never really used the Physics movements,
    interesting to see a solution in that terms, thanks BartekB

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already got a new one for you, noble forumites. Wheels fixed, I've moved on and past testing a couple of designs to get a turret pointing where I want it. I've tested out the ATan2(Y( "Turret" )-YMouse, XMouse-X( "Turret" )) solution, but it made my turret spaz out all over the place, so I've got a tiny invisible object centred on my mouse instead. (This isn't the problem ,but if anyone knows why the turret is spazzing, feel free to add an elegant solution to my problems for bonus points).

All is going well and I've moved on to turret and shell effects, but my tankette keeps disappearing when the frame is run! It appears to occur at random (but once it's happening, it sticks), and it's really, really annoying. Google and forum fu have failed me, so... someone help please.

Wheels test fix has the new turret, so there's very little difference between that and turret test broken. I've tried removing things until turret test and wheel test are identical, but turret test still doesn't work.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use ATan2(YMouse - Y( "Turret" ), X( "Turret" ) - XMouse) + 180 instead.

I don't see the other problem?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In turret test broken, the tank literally doesn't exist. It's not displaying for me at all. Oh, and adding 180 to the expression doesn't fix it, it's still spazzing all the way out From the behaviour of the turret, it looks like it's setting the angle to a function of x+y, rather than setting x to a function of x, and y to a function of y. Adding 180 to the formula makes no difference.

EDIT: It appears that the moment I add the shell object, the tankette stops appearing. I originally discounted the shell as the cause because I got it working the first time and crashed the run by firing too many.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also swapped the order of YMouse and Y Turret, if you noticed.

Yours: ATan2(Y( "Turret" )-YMouse, XMouse-X( "Turret" ))

Mine: ATan2(YMouse - Y( "Turret" ), X( "Turret" ) - XMouse) + 180

Also, the tank did exist for me when I opened the mfa?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast