User Tag List

Thread: Equin: The Lantern, releasing on Steam this Thursday!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Equin: The Lantern, releasing on Steam this Thursday!

Oct. 27th, 2016!

The latest and greatest version of my roguelike is finally going to be on Steam later this week. Thanks to each and every one of you who helped vote it through during the Greenlight phase and who have supported my projects in the past here. Some of the major improvements include gamepad support, a save system, better inventory management like unequipping items and a totally reworked 2 handed weapon equip system that works like it should have worked years ago. New items, new floor events, 3 starting gifts and etc etc it's a lot of improvement.

I've already had some people ask me about it and how I made it and have been redirecting them to the Clickteam site so hopefully we'll have new members here soon.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/547980

I'm going to have it listed for 20% off that first week (reg price is $3.99)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, congratulations for getting your second game out on Steam! That's quite an accomplishment! This looks neat.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

To get it ready after being Greenlit the first time it took me about 3 and a half weeks. This time because I knew what to expect I did it all in maybe a day and a half for the most part. Only one more day to go!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awesome, that's my genre, gonna get it tomorrow

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That'd be awesome! Please share any good experiences you might have on our forums, there's plenty of space there lol.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Del Duio, I've got it yesterday and had little time to play but so far I simply LOVED this little gem

There's everything I like in these kind of things in a neat and compact package:

-exploration and mazes
    -treasures and foes
    -procedural generation
    -lovely pixelated monsters
    -genuine humour

I also like very much the graphic style of menus and everything.

I have a soft spot for little desktop games
    (I'm probably among the few who liked the Indiana Jones / Star Wars desktop adventures series..)
    and stylized RPGs (with castle of the winds I realized even games with spare graphics could be extremely cool)
    so a pocket dungeon crawler is just like... perfect.

The only things I don't exactly like are:
    -being paused to beat small monsters / but from what I've seen in the trailer this shouldn't happen later on?
    -permadeath (I've still not experienced but you'll probably hear me when I will )

Never thought porting to mobile?
    (+multiplayer would be just awesome )

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, schrodinger I saw your review too!

Yes you're right with this newer version I added an auto kill feature for all characters which speeds up things a whole lot (it's listed as Kill Rank on the self screen). So at level 4 you'll be able to just plow through snakes, slimes, and bats without having to get into a battle and at level 7 you can add skeletons and dogs to that list.

Permadeath is tough however it can make for a more exciting game. For example I just got done with a playthrough where I friggin' died on FLOOR 48 to a patch of poison grass My level 10 thief wasn't happy! There were a few other times I thought I was a goner and I either used some of my items to get past the challenge or simply lucked out. You can quit and save the game at any time but continuing it later will erase the save. It keeps the floor how it was too which is helpful.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,

I've added a ton of cool improvements to the game since it was released on Steam including fun to look at stuff like a collected item log.
    Currently I'm finishing up a 4th playable class (Cleric) and then I'll be ready to move on to my next project.