User Tag List

Thread: Faulty Flap forgets high score when closing it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faulty Flap forgets high score when closing it.

Hey, I just finished the tutorial for Faulty Flap, but it seems that if you close the game nothing is saved. So every time you open it, it's as if you're opening it for the first time.
    How can I make it so the value for bestScore is saved? By googling, I found that data can be stored and retreived with INI, List, or Array, but I don't quite understand how to use this.
    Can values be saved in the same way for Windows as for Android or iOS? (for example INI creates a file, right? So I'm guessing this can't be used for smartphones)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually don't bump my own threads but, it's been almost two weeks and this is like a really basic question.
    I searched for a few examples but they all seem to be talking about something else.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would use the built in highscore object, it saves to an ini automatically, just give your ini a name in the highscore objects properties

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either use High score object to show and save the values or google how to save values to an array. It's not that hard, im currently at work so i cant make an example for you right now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ini object works for all runtimes, and the content is saved in one way or another. On the platforms that doesn't support filesaving, it simulates it so the code will be the same for all runtimes. For path specific saving, I believe Android require you to use the Android object to set the file locations, but as long as you don't hardcode a path, you shouldn't need to worry about it.

There are multiple ini tutorials out there. I wrote one myself. Just do a google search or check out Clickteam's tutorial section