User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need playtesters over the next 4 hours

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need playtesters over the next 4 hours

On the offchance that someone who reads this has a spare 10-20 minutes or so in the next few hours, I could use some people to test Spryke's latest build.

I'm sending it to my PR team in several hours, and they're going to send it through to various press outlets, youtubers etc. I gave them a build yesterday, but it had some game-breaking bugs in it (Windows 10 Anniversary update broke something that I wasn't aware of). I've fixed those now, but would love the peace of mind of someone else making sure it works.

Feel free to give any feedback you like, and I'll take it all on board. Though at this stage I'm most interested to see that the whole thing works without any large or glaring issues

You can get the latest demo build here: http://gamejolt.com/games/spryke/189140

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good day, sir! :P

I gave it a go and here are my thoughts:

It's all around smooth and solid. Crisp and clean graphics, some brilliant animation. Art-style seems very effective and nice to look at, I've no complains!

Gameplay is quite fast paced which I like. Controls/moves are easy to understand and quick to learn, and again very solid and well executed. So far gameplay seems very, very solid and fun to play!
    I also liked the control instructions planted in the game, good touch!

Audio effects were good, however my pretty much only complain was the music. For me it was too... what's the word... sort of "present", it had quite distinct melody and sound and for me it felt a bit too much.
    I can see the idea behind the music, but I'd prefer something more ambience orientated, and giving more focus for the audio effects.

And naturally not having the same music in every level would be great (though I'm sure this is something to work on later, right?)

Right, so, I completed all the levels and everything worked fine for me, no bugs! Though I didn't bash my keyboard like crazy trying to break the game.

Overall awesome work, good luck with press and streamers!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the game-breaking bug that we should be looking out for?

FYI, I haven't tried it yet (though not for a lack of wanting to, especially given how much I like trying to find things to break in games), and I might not be able to try it on-time, but I think it would help other people to look for it if we knew what to look for.

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a chance to play this game and here are my thoughts:

• Controls are easy to adapt to, and levels are easily understandable.
    • No settings / options menu, why? I'm pretty sure that is a necessary part of a game, like adjusting music volume, the gameplay volume, disabling screen effects, rebinding keys, etc.
    • The menus are a bit unresponsive when pressing left and right / up and down quite fast.
    • The game was laggy even for my computer, and my computer is pretty fast. Needs some optimisation.
    • The water effect on top of everything is pretty annoying, imo.
    • Pretty nice level design.
    • Music is, eh, it's okay, quite too loud and I would turn it down if there was an options screen.
    • No bugs discovered, so that's a plus.
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried the demo, I like the game, but like BartekB said, missing menu, is that omitted for the demo?
    The game runs kinda slow on my PC (HP i7 10GB RAM, Intel integrated Video -that probably made it slow, but still)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys! This helped! It helped put my mind at ease that nothing's horribly wrong, as well as gave me some good feedback to put into my to do list!

@BartekB: what are your system specs (cpu+gpu)? Just to clarify with the menus: So you mean hitting up+up+up or right+right+right is very responsive, but hitting up+down+up or right+left+right is not, right? Thanks for the pickup, I hadn't noticed that. Also, how many worlds did you try (see note to J3sseM below) and what did you think of their music?

@BartekB + amiman99: What FPS did you get, do you know?

Options menu is just something I haven't gotten around to yet. It's obviously a necessity for a released game, but I don't think it's urgent for a demo. Yes, it would be nice to have in the demo of course, but so would 100 other things on my to-do-list :/

Yes, it's not fully optimised yet. Though it also pushes Fusion pretty hard in terms of stuff on screen at the same time. I was really hoping Fusion 3 would be ready by the time of launch, so I have the option of porting it before launch. Though that seems not very likely. I think if you have a PC that could be reasonably called a 'gaming PC', then it runs well. I get more or less steady 120fps on my PC, which is a i7-4770k + gtx980ti. Yes, the 980ti is a top tier graphics card, though it only gets about 10% usage in Spryke, so I think most modern discrete GPUs should be ok. Of course it's unusual for a 2D game to require a 'gaming PC', but I think that's just the cost of developing a highly visual game on CTF2.5. Regardless, the final game will have a lot of graphics options to combat this, so pretty much everyone should be able to run it, if only on 'low'.

@J3sseM: Glad you liked it. Thanks. But wait, which worlds did you complete? Just the 3 levels in Tutorax? Did you do Astenia, Caves, and Sky (they each have their own music track)? And if not, was it because you didn't have time, or you weren't aware that you could access them?

@hgf: The first game-breaking bug I had this week was I bundled the wrong EXE into the installer and the game was literally unplayable. Then I had another one where the right trigger wouldn't create the bubble as it was supposed to (caused by win10 anniversary update changing something in the xinput driver). Both are fixed, but since I managed to let such big things slip by the first 2 times, I was hoping to catch any other (potentially unknown) gamebreaking bugs this time. Sounds like no really major problems got through this time though, so that's great.

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a gtx 970m + i7-6700 2.70Ghz
    For the first few levels it looked like I had around 20 - 35 fps, it was not stable
    For the other levels, I had more but it still were dropping frames, around 40 - 55 fps

*I actually weren't aware that you could access those levels, I thought they are not a part of the demo xP. But I did play through Astenia(?) but I found it pretty hard since laser shots delays did not restart and everytime I started again they were unpredictable. I also can't get a grip of the character's hitbox so I die on the part where you need to be perfect with your "jump, hold right, stop holding right", tiny bit of a mistake and you're dead*

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you mean you played one level in Astenia ("The tunnel")? Did you use the bubble much?

970m sounds pretty good. I suppose 2.70Ghz is a bit weak though. Of course it's an i7 so it has 8 cores, but Fusion only uses 1, so clockspeed is the bottleneck. Even though it's just a laptop, I would have hoped one with those specs would have got more than 30fps :/

Thanks for all the info!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also realised the game does not pause when you press esc :P
    (The game also bugs out and sometimes crashes when you alt+tab from it and back to it)

Yeah the processor is the weakest part, though I think it can overclock to 3.10Ghz. I also got a real counter and by levels, this is my fps:
    Tute1: 40-45
    Tute2: 35-45
    Tute3: 30
    Open Air: 60 at start, 35-45 when close to / opened portal
    The tunnel: 50 - 60
    Verxic Gauntlet: 60 at start, goes down to 35 when going through level
    There have been moments the fps went down to around 20, but it was uncommon

I also like the music that is in Astenia, maybe I'm just picky about things so the music you have is all good.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, because of your feedback, and others', I've already replaced the music in the first levels. I agree the vocal sounds were a bit annoying. The rest of the music in the game is pretty great in my opinion. I hired a couple of composers, and I'm super pleased with their work! It turns out that the track in the first level was one they'd already decided to scrap. Astenia is probably the only track so far that is close to its final state.

Oh wow, I've never seen those portals have much effect on performance. Shaders are obviously hammering your graphics card. I think the underwater effect shaders in the first world would be the only reason why you get lower performance there too. That's interesting. I guess the good news is that shaders is something I can easily make optional in graphical settings.

Thanks again for the info. It's very helpful. Dzięki

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast