Thread: Build 287.5 - Beta version

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Build 287.5 - Beta version

Hello,

The build 287.5 is available as beta version. The update patch is available in the Download Links post in the "Support Forums / Product Owner's Lounge / Fusion 2.5" forum.

Change log

In case of problem you can reinstall the build 287.4 or any other version (no need to uninstall first, just reinstall the patch of the build you want to reinstall).

If any problem with this version, please post it in the bug box, do NOT post it in this forum otherwise the developers won't see it, thanks!

PS: the CF 2.5 patch updates all the installed exporters, you do not need to reinstall them.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting some weirdness with the frame or layer shader effects in 287.5 that didn't exist in 287.4 or any prior versions. I'll investigate and try to pin down whats going on, looks like something is darknening my screen when they're applied based on some parameter, could be RGB coefficient or a property of the shader parameters. I'm not sure if its an error in my code that didn't apply until now this update fixed something, or if its an error induced by this update. If I can isolate it I'll post it to the bug box later today or tomorrow

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is a change in the build 287.5. The background of the screen was not always erased before the frame was blit to it, for performance reasons.

If the background was used by the effect (like the Add or Subtract effects, or shaders that use the background), the result was not correct and could be different if you apply the effect at the beginning of the frame or later, as it would depend on the latest content of the screen.

In the build 287.5 if the frame has an effect, the screen is now always erased (with the window background color, the one defined in the properties of the application) before the effect is applied. And I just realize I didn't fix it in the case of a simple blending coefficient, I'll fix it in the next build.

PS: I don't think this change could affect layer effects.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CCCXXX.jpg
    I can't put this version, I do not know what is going on, the previous version can not be installed......

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Retry now.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah thanks Yves, that explains my problem. I was using a full frame motion blur shader effect among other things, which was preserving the previous frame's display and blending it with the new frame by a coefficient, so when fBlur was 90% previously, it would take 10% of the previous frame and 90% of the new frame. This changed it so it would be 10% of the window background color (black) and 90% of the new frame, darkening it.

Is there a way I could preserve the previous frames display instead of wiping with a background color if I changed my shader code? I don't exactly need the blur effect, but it seems like a good candidate for a toggleable property option if not. I'm not 100% sure the previous frame background would have been stable on all systems anyway if it being not wiped was unintended. I wasn't doing it with a simple blend coefficient, rather via HLSL's alpha, but would that do the same thing when fixed?

edit: using 287.4 I tested and could use alpha coefficients (rather than via shader) to do a full frame blur effect, but couldn't do it in 287.5 as you said. So I could easily work around it and tweak my code, but I wonder if anyone else is using shader effects that rely on the previous frame's display, doesn't necessarily have to be a simple full screen alpha blur, it could be retrieving alpha from a texture for example. I'm not sure if that rises to there being any point in making it an option, but it might break compatibility for some blokes. Fine by me I think, if you fix alpha coefficients to work again

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonjour, le patch n'ai toujours pas dispo sur steam !?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pas encore, mais le 287.4 est dispo sur Steam depuis 3 jours, en béta. Celui-ci ne le sera pas avant Mardi je pense. Il n'y a pas énormément de différences avec le 287.4.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Je n'ai pas de mise a jour 287.4 sur steam ! Yves

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimone54: What version do you have?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast