User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Build 287.5 - Beta version

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    287.5 now nothing of steam...

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Version Dev 286.6

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The .OGG sound items is confusing me slightly - I am sure I used OGG in a previous game I have on iOS - I assume this was converted into a different format in xcode?

Secondly the "- All OGG sounds were preloaded, causing loading delays, they are now preloaded only if they last less than 15 seconds like other sounds." - This is causing music in my game to load at the begining of a frame and causes it to freeze for 1 or 2 seconds. Is this expected and can I get around this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    to my understanding, in previous versions the ogg files were converted to wav format wen used on ios. this made them load instantly but made file size HUGE. in the last 2 builds, the ogg is now converted correctly for ios, but unfortunately the uncompressing time made it unworkable with up to 5 seconds loading for some music peices that were under a second to load if using mp3 format instead. i read in the change log that the ogg files r now changed a bit with the pre load like u said, but my music piece still loaded for 5 seconds with is still makes the ogg format completely unusable for me. really frustrating as they loop perfectly unlike mp3 & u may hav to pay mp3 royalties if u sell large numbers.....but i guess its just gonna hav 2 be mp3 unless clickteam can pull anything out of the bag & make ogg files load in a comparable time to mp3.

shame, as i had high hopes for the ogg format...sniff

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    well depends on how many sounds you have but a delay of 1-2 seconds is normal is you have 10 to 15 sounds, the code still set to audioplayer if duration is greater than 15 secs, but if is an OGG which is only played by de decoder it will need to be loaded and then played, if this is a background music a 200 msec should not be a problem, for OGG is good to have a quality of 3 which is more according to the mobile sound system.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It freezes the frame at the start of every ogg music track which means I can have a level with an intro, click to start, then I get a 2 second or so complete freeze and this is on an ipad air 2 - not sure what will happen on other devices yet. It kind of ruins the immersion and looks a bit messy - kind of ashame as I would like to keep the quality of the file rather than go to wav or risk the royalty part of mp3's. Is there nothing that can be done about this?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    we are adding in future version AIFF and AAC sounds too
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i'm interested in the reasoning behind why an ogg file wud take 10 times longer to load than a mp3 file of the same piece of music & same file size. as i thought they wud be about the same loading speed.

this puzzles me

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bon, sur steam toujours pas mise a jour,,,
    J’espère l'avoir un jour,,,

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fernando, will be possible have an option to enable conversion of OGG to WAVE as was before in the exporter?

I'm going to finish my two games at 287.2 (latest version with this option) since the two used intensively audio OGG and not I can afford to change all to MP3. But I am anchoring in this version. The delay in the audio playback definitely varies between 3 to 7 seconds according to the device (tested on an iPad Retina and an iPhone 6 Plus). It is too much for any game.

The option is to move to MP3 (remember that there is a license fee).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast