User Tag List

Thread: Can someone help me smooth twitchy camera movement

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone help me smooth twitchy camera movement

I'm working on a platformer game. I don't have a lot in it right now, I'm just working on basic player movement and some fancy camera movements. What I have in place now for the camera is that when the player starts moving in either direction, the camera stays centered on him. However, after about a second of him walking in either direction without stopping, the camera will shift slightly further ahead so the player can see more in the direction they're walking. Everything works fine and dandy, except the camera just seems a bit too twitchy. It jitters around slightly while the player moves, regardless of it's position in relation to the player. I don't quite know how to fix it, and I was wondering if there's anybody here willing to take a look at it?
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Sprayerdude, had a look at your example. Took me a little bit to figure out, but the fix is actually pretty simple. All you need to do is move your always event at the top that sets the screen to the camera object position to always be at the bottom of the list. The reason for this is because Fusion reads events top to bottom, and its only when it gets to the bottom that it renders objects positions. So it was basically setting the screen to the camera object before it was told to move, making it jump. Someone else here might be able to explain it better than me, but that will fix your problem!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read your post and my first thought was wrong event order for the scrolling event.
    Before you give up on something, always check the order of your events first.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help! I'm entirely self taught with both this program and game development in general, so little tricks like this aren't the first thing that cross my mind!