User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question:- How to move a row of sprites at the same time?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question:- How to move a row of sprites at the same time?

Hello again,

I'm doing a space invaders game (yeah, we all have to start somewhere )
    but I'm having a problem moving a row of invaders down once they reach the end of the screen. Rather than move down in a complete row then start going the other way, they move down one sprite at a time and move the other way.

I've been fighting with this all day and I cannot figure it out. how would you move the full row down at once?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make the objects all part of the same qualifier group and move that down in your code instead of each object. To add a qualifier to an object, it's in the object properties (one of the tabs near the end). Qualifiers are basically just an overall group of objects. You can make any active object part of the same qualifier group and perform actions on the group itself.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could make a virtual anchor that does the moving and enemies coordinates are relative to that.
    Or if you want same kind of line by line action (old game most likely did this due to the processing limitations), you handle enemies through an array. Making enemies array based also helps when dealing with them using the virtual anchor method.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhysD View Post
    Make the objects all part of the same qualifier group and move that down in your code instead of each object. To add a qualifier to an object, it's in the object properties (one of the tabs near the end). Qualifiers are basically just an overall group of objects. You can make any active object part of the same qualifier group and perform actions on the group itself.
    Thanks, I tried doing that and it didn't work but I think that is probably down to me doing it wrong. Thanks for helping anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jokk3, sadly I really don't understand what you mean as I'm a thick old moron but I appreciate you trying to help.

I've given up on this now, wasted far too much time and got zero reward from it. can delete/lock this thread now but thanks to all that tried to help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If relative position or array trics are too complicated, have you tried the Invader movement in the Clickteam Movement Controller object?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This video shows the events neccesary to make instances to follow an anchor or in another words, using relative coordinates. Objects follow a bouncing ball since it was easy to set up, but they could follow object on a path or whatever.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PaulFoster - it's pretty likely that the way you're checking to see if an invader is at the edge of the screen is selecting that invader when you try to move them all down.
    Try setting a flag or value you can check for in a different event, eg:

1. If ("Invader") is close to Left or Right edge of screen
    Set Global Value A=1

2. If Global Value A=1
    Y("Invader")=Y("Invader")+32
    Set Global Value A=0
    Dir("Invader")=Dir("Invader")+16

Hope that helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for trying AyreGuitar but that doesn't work. still.. it was worth a try.

I appreciate everyone trying to help me, you're all very kind and I thank you but I've now come to the conclusion that I am either too old or simply too uneducated and thick to really do anything above pong with this (and other game creation software)

So I'm packing it all in now, I'm not sure if its possible to delete my account here but I'll check the settings before I logout.

thanks all, perhaps if I'd tried this 30yrs ago or perhaps if I didn't have the brain and learning capacity of a 4 year old I could have done something. huge shame as I have a ton of ideas.

Thank again all, take care and farewell.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul. Don't give up. How about this. Make a long active. Make it invisible. Place your sprites on top of the long active and have them move with the long active. This will also allow you to destroy them one at a time. Do I have a invader example on my website? If not I think I have one on my hard drive.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast