User Tag List

Thread: fade to black and fade back in on same frame?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fade to black and fade back in on same frame?

Hello! I have been trying to discover if there is a method to make the screen fade to black, change some settings and then fade back in? I have been unable to determine the probability let alone the operation. Thanks for your help!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can add a small, black Active to the top layer of your frame,
    scale it to fill the screen (this will take less memory than a screen sized active),
    then change it's transparency coefficient from transparent to opaque over however many frames you want,
    change your settings while the screen is black,
    change the transparency coefficient from opaque to transparent,
    hide the black active once done, ready for use next time.

Hope this makes sense

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I understand...I am getting ready to open Fusion now to give it a test Thanks for the information!

One more quick question: Does it take more memory to make one giant backdrop for your level vs. 1000's of individual pieces?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally yes, a single large backdrop takes more memory than lots of smaller ones.
    If all you've done is cut up your large backdrop into smaller pieces, then it could take the same amount or possibly more, depending on what sizes you've cut them into (generally try to stick to powers of 2, eg 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, etc), especially if you want to run your game on mobile platforms later (eg iOS or Android)
    The thing to remember is a single large backdrop needs a large chunk of continuous memory, whereas smaller ones have a better chance of finding gaps in available memory.

Good luck with your project!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, in the storyboard controls, I found "Transparancy Coefficient", but I also found RGB Co-efficient. When I set that to 0 it makes the screen black. What is the value that returns it to normal? Any ideas?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried 255?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RGB Co-efficient reset is -1, if my memory serves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, all! I will try those out!