User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Point & click games exemple

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry schrodinger but i don't understand very much when you talk about moving charachter and the condition always, my english is simply terrible!

anyway the blit with +1 is perfect, and you see for my game this path is perfect because it haven't complex scenarios, i know is a limitated path finding but maybe can help someone wanna create a p&c game

thank you so much for solving my blit problem

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Glad to help

yeah you've been kind to share, I'm sure adventure guys will find it helpful!

as for the "always" thing
    I was just noticing that all the characters blitted are "always" placed in their position, after you blit them
    (60 times per second, each single letter is repositioned again where you see it on screen)

if your character can move while talking, this is ok, as in this way the text will follow him

but if your character stands still while talking (and maybe the text is cleared when he moves),
    it is not needed, as you can just leave the text fixed in the static position where it is blitted

anyway, this won't be a real issue if your target platform is PC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe i understand, maybe

in my game when the characher speak is static
    but why in pc is not a problem?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Because PCs have plenty of power and won't bother doing this kind of "extra" work,
    while if you were targeting mobile platforms, this could have been something more important to fix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the game i made is only a little demo to verirfy my competence, but the idea for the next game is the multiplatforms, also mobile and than when i finish i wanna fix all the the technical question maybe with asking help at the comunity because for mobile i'm totaly uninformed.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's great pathfinding ciaciosacchetti .Nice job!!! . It works perfect on Flash and Android too.

Two recommend for add please :

1) Add ability for diagonal walking .
    2) Turn before walking

Schrodinger was made a great pathfinding too but it used grid base and had some bugs on mobile ports . Anyway that was so cool . If you don't mind please add 'turn before walking' from this example.
    http://community.clickteam.com/threads/94895-Easy-Pathfinding-Widget-(extensionless)/page2?highlight=pathfinding

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Mehrdad, can't remember specific bugs left on mobile?
    (beside the fact you can't fire a lot of pathfinding calls in the very same moment perhaps? but that's a limit we can't overcome unfortunately)

I recall you experienced a "quick twisting sprite" issue right before turning, in the movement, it was hardly noticeable and I missed it for long time,
    but that's fixed in the latest version I posted in that thread (same download link as before)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Schrodinger

As I said your works was nice and great . But I have some problem with it.So I still couldn't handle it for an adventure game .This up example is OK and my mean is last builds from you ( I don't know exactly which one . If you want I can find and up here )
    I have this issues :

1) Character ( or bug object ) have lag or satter sometimes in movement. Please relative an bigger object to it for more clear in latest builds.
    2) Speed movement doesn't work for me in Android but runtime is OK
    3) Bug object pass some obstacles in Android . It occur sometimes we have an block in scene

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1) should have been fixed in the latest version (I think this is not the one you were using in your example) if I understood what you mean,
    you should try copying the behavior from the pathfinding_engine object (from the zip above) and substituting the code you had in your pathfinding_engine behavior
    and see if it still happens

2) speed movement? like moving objects very fast while pathfinding? there are some things to consider when doing that, I guess this could break the system because of characters "missing" nodes, but that should be addressed by the movement code, not the pathfinding code

3) some obstacles are ignored? make sure they are "obstacle" backdrops and they are well aligned in the grid,
    I can't remember this happening?

If I recall correctly, your worse problems were with avoiding characters colliding one with the other,
    and finding nearest spot where to pathfind once a player clicks in blocked/obstacle zones,
    both are quite difficult things to handle in a smart way but both are "extra" features not included in a general pathfinding code

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for reply Schrodinger

Please download my latest file:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bnb1x5tj3l...atset.mfa?dl=0

1) I replaced it now and problem not solved . See carefully movement character special in diagonals you find statter

2) I changed move_speed in bug object . It works on PC and don't work in Android

3) Please stand in 'B' place and click on 'A' . Character ignore little block obstacle in Android and go straight to up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast