User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beginner questions: Platform Movement object, tilemap, aspect ratio, families/groups

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something is not right here:

I have the following actives: player, spawn1 (qualifier: Good), spawn1 (qualifier: Good)

Start of Frame
    On each of the <qualifier: Good>, loop name ""
    --> Create <player> at (0,0) from <qualifier: Good>

Shouldn't it spawn a player for each <qualifier: Good> position?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The solution was more simple I'm still used to Construct 2's events.

Start of Frame
    --> Create <player> at (0,0) from <qualifier: Good>
    --> <qualifier: Good> Destroy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still need some help.

While I can spawn a <player> for each <qualifier: Good>, only the first <player> gets it's value from <qualifier: Good>.
    11. How can I make the spawned object to inherit a value ? (at the moment I've made a walkaround using collisions)

12. How can I check if an object is on a specific layer and if it is, make that layer visible and the others invisible ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2. How can I make an active flip and walk on the ceiling ? (like Gravity Man's stage from Megaman 5)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSZu1Tye6zM

Here is a video how

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    11. depends on how you spawn, from what I can see in previous post, you could do:

start of frame
    >>> start loop for each one of "group.good", loop name "inherit"

on each one of "group.good", loop name "inherit"
    >>> create object (player) at 0,0
    >>> set value (player) to value (group.good)
    >>> destroy group good

you can find "foreach" condition under the object "loop" submenu
    and foreach actions under the object "count" submenu

12. Layer( "Object" ) typed in the expression editor will give you the index of the layer where Object is,
    then you can use the "Layer object" to make it invisible (hide)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Sparckman Thanks, this will come in handy in future.

@schrodinger Now I understand that are 2 types of loops (fast and for each), but I still can't figure how to do what I want with layers (the layer of selected player to be visible and the other layers invisible, especially if some players are on the same layer)

I've uploaded my test .mfa file, maybe someone can correct me with what I am doing wrong.

Can you redirect me to a tutorial or some indications about how the conditions are stacked, especially if I use the OR operator ? In Construct 2 I've had sub-events that made much more sense ...

For example, I am confused at line 6, it works, but I don't know why. "PMO: Object is standing on ground" is only specified once, but it has effect even after "OR"

PMO: Object is standing on ground
    Upon pressing "Up Arrow"
    OR
    Multiple Touch: Touch 0 is active on object <button_jump>
    >>> do stuff
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The problem is you have multiple players on the same layer,
    so if one player is not the active player, but stays on the same layer as the active player
    will tell to hide that layer (while the other is telling to show) so the two conflict

here's another idea on how to do that:
    first_platformer_1.mfa

Regarding sub-events, never used Construct2, but I think we're getting there with child events

For the "OR", change it to a "logical" OR to have the expected result,
    definitely not very intuitive in this situation...
    but check out the help file:

Two kinds of OR
    Clickteam Fusion 2.5 provides two kinds of OR operators, the filtered OR and the logical OR. They work differently and you should understand them before doing complex programming. The difference lays in the way the objects are selected by the conditions.

The Filtered OR operator
    This is the operator you should use in most of the cases. Imagine the following conditions and actions :

+ Mouse is over object 1
    OR (filtered)
    + Mouse is over object 2
    - Destroy object 1
    - Destroy object 2

If the mouse is over object 1, then object 1 is destroyed, but object 2 remains there. If the mouse is over object 2, object 2 is destroyed but object 1 remains there. The filtered OR operator explores all the conditions of the event, and marks all the objects as inspected. The objects contained in false condition are marked as well, but the action related to them will not occur. This is the reason why actions in a event with the filtered OR operator will only affect the objects selected in the conditions that are true.

The Logical OR operator
    This operator does not mark the objects in false conditions. As the objects are not marked, the default behavior of Clickteam Fusion 2.5 when it encounters an action dealing with non-marked objects, is to affect ALL the occurences of the given objects. In our example, if we replace the filtered OR by a logical OR, you will have as a result :
    If the mouse is over object 1, then both objects are destroyed, if the object is over object 2, then both objects are destroyed. Imagine mouse is over object 1, object 1 is selected. The actions are called. The Destroy object 1 action finds a selected object (the one under the mouse) and deletes it. The Destroy object 2 action find NO selected object: it destroys all the occurences of object 2.

Using either one of the OR operator is up to you, and it depends on the program you are making.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @schrodinger Thank you
    And yes, child events are similar to sub-events and will be of great use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2