User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beginner questions: Platform Movement object, tilemap, aspect ratio, families/groups

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Beginner questions: Platform Movement object, tilemap, aspect ratio, families/groups

(Sorry for the poor title, I can't think of a better one, and I don't want to spam the forum with small questions)

I am moving from another engine to Fusion 2.5 and I need help to adapt. I have the following questions:

1. Can someone redirect me to better tutorials for "Platform Movement object" ? (I find Fusion's default platform behavior kind of limiting)
    I want to make a platform game with more players on the screen, but control only one at a time.

2. How can I make an active flip and walk on the ceiling ? (like Gravity Man's stage from Megaman 5)

3. Does CF2.5 have families/groups and functions ?

4. Is there support for tilemap, or I have to built the levels using separate sprites ?

5. How can I make a game that supports multiple aspect ratios ? I am intrested especially in "Scale outer mode" like here.

6. How can I include same events (like player/enemy movement) in different frames/levels ? (also modify in one place -> modify in all places)

7. Can I set the default start animation of an active from the Frame Editor ? For example: I have 2 enemies (duplicate active, same events), but to have different start animations (set from the frame editor).

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I dont have one right away, but i know there are in the forums. From what you are describing I would use a PMO for every object and use Flags to select which one is controlled (user clicks on object 1, turn flag 1 on etc)

2. Flags will be your best friend. Flag 1 is off, add to gravity value (moving the sprite downwards). flag 1 is on, subtract (moving it up the screen).

3. They are called Qualifiers in Fusion. Click on your object and on the bottom left you will have a bunch of tabs, in one of them u will be able to select what qualifier you want.

4. Sadly no tilemap support. Other users have built their own level editors with it (created in fusion), but nothing built in sadly.

5. I dont know this one, if it's on PC check out "Ultimate Fullscreen Object".

6. You will have to copy paste the events. I would create a Group in the event editor and call it game and copy this to all the frames when the engine is done. What many advanced users do is that they make 1 frame games. Where all the levels are saved in an array and the game loads them on call. This requires a level editor, i would search the forums for examples if this interests you. But if it's your first go in Fusion I would wait.

I would use this example: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/84185-Array-Level-Builder-for-Fusion-2-5-(variation-on-Shawn-s-example-of-the-same-name) a very simpel but effective way of doing a level editor without creating a seperate app.

7. You will have to trigger the different animations with events: Start of Frame -> Change object animation to XXX.

Hope that guides you a little bit.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @zip2kx Thank you

1. I've found a method to use PMO for more objects here: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/82410-Using-the-Platform-Movement-Object-for-multiple-instances-of-one-enemy-help!

2. Yes, but will it be able to detect events like "on ground" if is on the ceiling ? Is there any way to flip or set the angle of a layer ?

5. I will continue to search ... I plan use for multi-platform so I would like to avoid Windows-only objects (unless is a platform specific one like Google Play is for Android)

6. This is irritating. At least Fusion 3 will bring Reuse of Events

I have a new set of questions:

8. How can I edit different duplicate actives in the Frame Editor? Since tilemaps are a no-go, I would like to create an active (only one) with all the different sprites and build the level with it. The same behavior with the variables of duplicate actives.
    Is there any way to change them independently Frame Editor ?

9a. How do I actually select one or more instances of an active or another object in the Event Editor ?
    Let's say I have more duplicate actives. What are my means of selecting only one (or a few) of them since I can't give them a different variable (like above) ?
    9b. Is there any way to do a "For each <object> do something" (for example: move to Self.X + 1)

10. I've noticed that the collisions are verified only on the same layer. Is there any other way instead of creating an invisible cloned active on multiple layers ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1. yes you can use PMO on many objects indeed, though it's a bit cumbersome in my very personal opinion

2. you can detect ground with some detectors, or by testing the collision mask of your player (shift it up, test -- shift it down, test -- reposition)
    You can set the angle of a layer with the "rotate" shader by Sphax, but you can only use it on Windows, and will anyway rotate all your layer (so also the player) while I think you would only need to flip the player?

5. you can - with the window control object (cross platform) and by detecting the left/right coordinates displayed on the device, you can resize the application window to any size of your likings, though it will probably require some work

___

8. you can't, sadly. You have to use clones, or to differentiate them in the event editors. Your best bet for using tiles is making your own tilemap engine (a simple one is not that dramatic to build)

9a. filter your conditions >> by giving them different values / flags etc. >> you can't do that like you ask in point 8

9b. yes, you can use the foreach loop (count >> on each one of -- do stuff) but for moving you could not even need it (i.e. always >> set Y to Y (SELF) +1)

10. yes - ..... yes, there can be some other ways, but none will be particularly more comfortable. I would suggest trying with only one mask for all objects, and firing a loop cycling through all objects in the other layer, and testing overlap (to avoid having a number of unneeded additional objects)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For #6, you could also use Global Events, but be warned that Global Events can't be used with Qualifiers, so it is a bit of a trade-off.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For #1, I always program my own so I can make them do exactly what you want.

For #6, Fusion 3 addresses this (not out yet), but in Fusion 2.5 I have used the following method:

You can set an active object to be global. This means any changes you make to a global active object will surface through on every frame where that global active object exists. If you combine this with Event behaviours, you can then utilise this approach to have just one set of events to be used across many frames.
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI: Behaviors have the same Qualifier limit as Global Events, e.g. I'm pretty sure you can't use qualifiers in behaviors.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2 - Set a negative gravity values in the PMO, then switch to "flipped" animation sets. I usually just use an invisible box for my actual movement on the PMO and set my animations over it.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    FYI: Behaviors have the same Qualifier limit as Global Events, e.g. I'm pretty sure you can't use qualifiers in behaviors.
    Yes that is true, although there is a trick to get them in there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keJG...ature=youtu.be
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh, I hadn't realized that there was still an as-of-yet-unfixed method of doing that.

That's pretty neat, actually!

And since it'd be pretty difficult to pull off by mistake, unlike the old copy-paste method, I don't see a reason for Clickteam to patch this one: You have to do this stuff pretty deliberately.
    Here's to hoping this method sticks around, since this one really requires you know what you're doing to activate it in the first place, which was kinda the big reason the copy-paste method was patched as far as I know (that one was actually pretty easy to do by mistake, and therefore could result in unforeseen issues that the user may not have expected)!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast