User Tag List

Thread: 2 questions about overlapping objects

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Bring to back' not working for child objects

Hey, so I have an event that generates objects behind each other. It creates them one after the other, each one lower on the Y axis than the previous one (so higher on screen). However the newest object created always seems to be the one that is displayed on top, even though it's actually behind the older objects. Is there any way I can make the oldest object always appear on top?

Now the other issue I have is that the objects generated by this event are allowed to overlap each other, but they are not allowed to overlap with certain other objects. How can I make it so they don't get generated on top of other objects?
    I tried doing
    'Object A overlaps with Object B' -> Destroy 'Object A', however this destroyed every single version of Object A in the game, instead of only the one that was overlapping.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1st problem: when you create an object, also make it go to the back of the layer (order>bring to back)

2nd problem: Are you sure that's how you have it? Are you sure you don't have:

Object B overlaps with Object A -> destroy Object A?

If so, do Object A overlaps with Object B' -> Destroy 'Object A and it should work

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was indeed doing 'overlaps with Object A -> destroy Object A'! It's working now, thanks!

Bring to back does not seem to be working though. It works right when the object is generated, but a second later the newest object pops back up on top of the older objects.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm, I'm not sure. If you can, post an MFA and someone can take a look at it to see what's going on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I've experimented some more with it, and it seems that this only happens to child objects, and specifically child objects that are touching their parent objects.

In this example you can see how for normal/parent objects (green), 'Bring to back' works just fine. It also works fine for its child objects (green) that are spaced 150 pixels next to it.
    However, when the parent and child objects are touching (red), 'Bring to back' starts acting up.

Note that in this example the parent and child objects are overlapping, but in my project they are simply touching (spaced right next to each other, without overlapping) and this issue is also present.

Is this a bug?

Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's a pairing issue, not a sorting one,
    untick "destroy object if too far from frame" in both red elements (object properties - runtime options)

what happens is that one of the paired elements will be destroyed at different timing than the other
    (because they are of different size, their hotspot is placed in different zones, and they will leave the play field in different times)
    and so one of the childs will lose its parent
    then being not an equal number, the child will seek for the first available parent
    --> the newly created one
    he will stick to that but the sorting order of the child is higher than freshly created ones
    so it will show over the others

of course, you need to find a slightly different way to do things (depending on what you need to do),
    because unticking that option you'll end up with tons of object by not destroying them

edit:
    another solution could be placing the hotspot of both red objects in a way that both leave the play area in the same moment, so being destroyed together, they won't create hassle in pairing (hopefully)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooooh, that makes sense! Thanks! Man, I had been searching for a way around this for like at least 10 hours before turning to the forum for help. Now I feel stupid :p

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not at all, that was definitely not intuitive,
    we've come a long way to know some of the general pitfalls you may hit because of some overlooked options
    the fact you've searched 10 hours before asking makes also of you a good guy