User Tag List

Thread: 4k monitor in Fusion 2.5 development, is it Good?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

4k monitor in Fusion 2.5 development, is it Good?

Quick question, Will fusion 2.5 work nicely in a 4k monitor?

silly question, but I remember someone having small complains on this many months ago, so I have to ask again since I'll be upgrading to 4k soon.

If you have a 4k monitor, please share your insights, thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean the editor (Fusion 2.5) or software made with Fusion 2.5? I think it is safe to say the editor will work just fine. But if you try to make 4k art assets and put them into your software, you will probably see cpu issues. 4k is really an unrealistic resolution to develop 2D art at a 1:1 ratio on most normal PC's.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 4k monitor. Fusion works fine with it. No weird scaling issues, no slowdown or anything.
    I haven't made any apps with 4k resolution though, so I have no idea how that will work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4K here as well, everything works as expected!

Haven't tried developing 4K game though!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the response, I'm just talking about the Fusion editor, glad to know there's no scaling issues what so ever.
    I should be upgrading to 4k then. Thanks everyone, Cheers!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! I've upgraded to a 4k monitor setup. I've set the windows zoom for the editor to 150%, and for the runtime to 100% (now i can work on a full iphoneX project - just amazing
    sadly all fonts in the editor are blurry depending on the scale factor of 150% - is there may a way to sharpen the fonts in the editor? or is the antialiasing not changeable inside the editor?

thanks for your tips!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
    Hi! I've upgraded to a 4k monitor setup. I've set the windows zoom for the editor to 150%, and for the runtime to 100% (now i can work on a full iphoneX project - just amazing
    sadly all fonts in the editor are blurry depending on the scale factor of 150% - is there may a way to sharpen the fonts in the editor? or is the antialiasing not changeable inside the editor?

thanks for your tips!
    Yes. Buy a monitor that isn't tiny.

I've run fusion on a 30" 2560x1600 display and currently on a 31.5" 2560x1440 display. It works phenomenally. Having the extra vertical space is a god send.

Everyone buys a tiny monitor and tries to run 4k on it. Utilizing scaling virtually defeats the entire purpose of having a 4k monitor in the first place. You could just run a lower resolution if you want to lose screen space. I crunched the numbers long ago, and I seem to remember that in order for the "sizing" to translate accurately from 2560x1600 to 4k I would need at LEAST a 55" display - meaning that text at 2560x1600 on a 30" screen would be easier to read than text at 4k on a 50" screen from normal viewing distances. Text, without scaling, on a 30" at 2560x1600 is pretty small when compared to an average sized monitor (20"-27") at 1080p.

@Op - if I were you I would invest in a 2560x1440 display. They are pretty much the standard at this and there are lots of options available right now - especially in the 144hz department.

I run the AOC AG322QCX 1440p 144Hz 31.5" - Its advertised for gaming, but I find it works best as a hybrid monitor due to slight ghosting in games (I do mostly fusion work, some gaming.) Its much cheaper than other monitors in this range, especially if you have a microcenter near you or don't mind ordering from one.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey GamesterX23, calm down Mine is 28 inches, so size is fine. Actually i see some apps that have needed updates for 4k (like photoshop,...) I've found nice workarounds for that, would be great if F3 would take care of these new Retina devices.