User Tag List

Thread: What devices do I need?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What devices do I need?

I want to release my app to the App Store when it's complete, but I don't know how new I need the devices to be.

I was looking at purchasing an iPhone 5s along with a 2009 Mac Mini with an SSD and 8gb of RAM that I found cheap for sale, but not sure if these (at least the Mac Mini) would cut it.

There's a bunch of topics about this but I'm confused because OS versions keep changing and Xcode versions keep changing. Any information would be a great help, thanks!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    something that can have Mac OS sierra , I believe mac mini can handle it. I updated to latest mac os, latest xcode, latest fusion beta version, I'm good

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it have to be Sierra? Not El Capitan or whatever the previous one was? I don't think the 2009 Mac Mini can be updated to Sierra so if that's the case I'll probably have to look at another option.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe el capitan will run xcode 8, so you're probably good...
    but going Sierra will future proof xcode 9 and so on. the lesser the issues and what not

Clicker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently I can run a patcher on older devices to allow it to update to Sierra, and with the SSD and extra RAM it should be fine I'm sure. Thanks for the info.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm running El Captain in VirtualBox5.0 and it works fine so far. On my first try I was able to build and test my app using the simulator.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U need iphone 6/6s/7 Plus, coz Apple need sreenshots 2208x1242 and video 1920x1080.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    that doesnt mean u need those devices, it just means u gotta submit sum big screenshots

i only hav an ipod 5 & i've been fine to release with that, tho having a 6 or 7 wudnt hurt if its in ur price range.