User Tag List

Thread: How can I do this with Multiple Touch object?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can I do this with Multiple Touch object?

This:

I place multiple fingers on the touchscreen in a certain order. The numbers symbolize the order of the fingers.

So when I place the first finger, I have the green Active object at the position of that finger.
    Then I place the other fingers(for example 6 fingers touching the screen - I don't want the same object
    on every finger now → the Active object have to stay at position of 1st finger, even though all 6 fingers are on the screen at the same time.)
    Then I remove the fingers one after the other in the same order I placed them before and the green Active should always jump to the next finger.
    The joystick object of the dungeon looter game in the image above works in this way and I need the same behaviour for my project which includes
    a joystick for one finger(you can control animation direction, angle and speed with only one finger).
    I want a comfortable transition to the other hand/other fingers(escape from having to touch the screen again for further object spawning).
    I would be pleased by any kind of example.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I tried to do it quickly, maybe u can work on this or adapt this into wat u want.

p.s. remember that u must turn the touch mode to multi touch on the frame properties or it only recognizes 1 touch

EDIT: oops just realized u wanted it for android i only do ios at the mo so i set the game settings to ios,
    hopefully it works on android as well
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid what you did is a bit too simple, but thanks for the example Shinbaxter!
    I also forgot to mention another thing:
    In your example the green square only jumps to second finger when you remove the first finger - this is exactly what I want, but I need the same behaviour for every new finger. When you remove the first finger and you added another finger before, you have the green object on the second finger(it's the only finger on the screen now), but when you place another finger again, the object jumps directly to that finger, but I want the same rules - you have to remove the previously placed finger first, before the object goes to the next finger.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would register each touch ID's position to a list. This would result in Line0 having the position of touch 0, Line1 having the position of touch1, etc. Then when a touch is removed, delete the line from the list. Always move the active to the position of Line0 in the List. This will guarantee the oldest touch is always on Line0.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing your idea Mobichan! I don't really know how to implement it though.
    Maybe you could take a look and I send you the example code in a private message? I think I have to change some things how the joystick works in my current code to get the desired results and it won't be that easy I suppose.
    I found an old but very cool example(I can't find the right place at the moment), where multiple eyes follow the mouse dynamically and I noticed the main math code in this example
    would be really useful for a nice joystick behaviour with some modifications and some other features added.

Here, I also made this for a better understanding what I basically want - instead of all the crazy explanations:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't like being defeated or failing so i had another go

took me longer than i thought it wud, but at least i've now figured out how to use the list object coz i'd never used it before so it was good for me.

hope this is wat ur after
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shinbaxter, you didn't fail at all.

Your new example is very nice. It's also way easier to implement than what comes to my mind as a possible solution last night.
    Thanks a ton! I'm also glad that you had some personal benefit while working with the list object.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yaaay! success!

gotta thank mobichan to, as it was his concept that i used. well, glad it helped, as i spend most of the night trying to figure out how the flamin list object worked!

all the best in ur project

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad it worked out. I would probably have done something more complex, but it is nice to see it can be simplified. :P Lists can be very helpful, so it is a good idea to get familiar with them. They do have a few quirks, but it seems you figured it out.