User Tag List

Thread: 360 image rotation. Is it possible?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

360 image rotation. Is it possible?

Hello,

I have recently purchased a Ricoh Theta SC 360-degree camera and I'd like to use some of the 360-degree photos I've taken to create a virtual tour of our school using Fusion with HTML5 exporter.

I know how to program the rotation effect (à la 5 nights at Freddies) of a flat 360-degree image, but my problem is the curved lines at the edges. I don't know if I am clear in my description. The image taken from the camera is seen through 2 fish-eye lenses and is then stitched together by the camera software to produce one long seamless image. Metadata in the image along with Java scripts on Facebook (or YouTube for 360 videos) adjust the persepective when playing on their platform to straighten out the line when you rotate the angle of viewing, but if I use the image in Fusion and scroll through it at runtime, the walls are rounded when I look at them straight on. I know I need to pass the image through some sort of filter, but I don't know exactly how to do that. I know it could problably be adjusted using the lens object, but I need to run it in HTML5 and that object is not compatible.

If any Fusion expert could point my towards some sort of solution, it would be greatly appreciated

I've included a link to an image that I'd want to use in Fusion for my virtual tour.

360-degree image of music lab : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9111205/MusLab1.JPG

Thank you !

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unless some very dedicated and skilled shader guru undertakes the task (and that would be not HTML5-compatible anyway!),
    I fear it's not possible to apply that sort of image correction within Fusion.

I think the Ricoh should come with some own software to perform a straighten correction?
    So you'll end up with a more FNAF-like plain image you could easily interact with,
    but less of the "immersion" a 360° picture can give.

I think for virtual tours you'll need dedicated softwares (or plugins)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-e-0I4bZTQ

or you could test this free trial:
    https://krpano.com/
    has HTML5 output,
    just to see if this does what you need

but these are paid softwares,
    don't know if there are free solutions available...

since you say youtube supports 360° videos,
    you could consider uploading the content there:
    https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6178631?hl=en

and then embedding the video in your HTML5 application?
    (but not sure it can be done smoothly, never tried..)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestions, they are greatly appreciated

I will look at the softwares you proposed, I don't mind paying if they do the job.

Ricoh comes with basic software to upload images and videos to social media and their own server, but nothing to edit or no options for how the conversions are done. The software itself can display the images using different corrections, but only the standard 360 spherical format can be saved.

Thanks for the help!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good luck!

can display the images using different corrections
    I'm sure you already know, but just in case,
    if you can display them in some suitable way in that software,
    it's likely you can copy-paste the result
    ("print screen" key - paste to image software)
    and than make a collage on your photo-editing software
    (unless this function is disabled or clearly not allowed by the license agreement)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked out Krpano and it's exactly what I'm trying to achieve using Fusion. I could simply buy this for 130 EURO plus tax and save the headaches with trying to program my own app.

I realy thought that this could be done in Fusion. I guess it's way more complex than it seems.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There used to be A Quicktime object and a tool you could use to stitch panoramic pictures this was back in mmf 1.5 and then save as a quicktime VR object but I guess no one uses ActiveX any more So yeah.