Isometric 3D resizeable renderings

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • Hello,

Do anyone of you have experience with isometric tiles and 3D rendering?
    I am trying to find the correct angle of rendition for tiles that can be easily resized.

I have found out, through trial and error, that the closest angle would be 30* (attached in the picture "Test 3D Resize"). The problem is when I resize the picture it wobbles the straight lines on the edges.

I have previously drown isometric tiles by hand (attached in the picture "Test Drawn Resize"), and found out that what worked best was edges 2:1 (2 horizontal pixels per 1 vertical)
    Ideally for resizing the picture should follow the rules of the last picture ("Test Drawn Ideal").

Do any of you know what the correct angle of rendition for this type of isometric tiles are? And if it is possible?
    Hope this question makes sense to you.

Love Floedekage <3

• It's all about the style which you want for your game, but here's a comparison shot:
    Please login to see this link.

So, the first one, the 45 degree angle is like Ultima Online, and the second is like Diablo II for example, 30 degree angle.

I used the 30 degree angle for these tiles, which I made in 3ds Max by just setting the camera at an approximate corner view, and then made the camera orthographic. Please login to see this link.

But your question is more about resizing the base tiles, than the renderings?

Please login to see this link.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!