User Tag List

Thread: Import image to active object at runtime help required please......

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Import image to active object at runtime help required please......

I'm making a level editor for my game and I import .BMP files at runtime to active objects.
    I have this working fine and have all my tiles and animations importing perfectly.

The question I have is can you check what size of image you are importing or keep the active a constant size, like 32 x 32.

Ideally I'd want to be able to scale the .BMP to 32x32 or whatever the size the active is when I import it.

The reason being, I plan to let others use this editor and edit the BMP files to have their own graphics.
    The trouble is, you can make the .BMP any size.
    100 x 100 for example and when you import, your active is now a massive 100 x 100.

Not a deal breaker, I can just tell people to respect the graphics size or face issues but I'm very curious from a coding stand point, can this be done?

Can I make sure A, you can't import the wrong size sprite or B, ensure it's scaled to fit the active object?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry that I can't help you.
    I'd just like to ask you if you could post an example about how you were able to import .bmp files into active objects at runtime.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @retrobolt: this is how I do it (with PNGs). You access this action like this: Active\animation\load frame . When you do it, you get about 7 popups for different options - I just leave them all at their defaults.

@scottige: If you do this right after you import the file, I think it should do what you want (as long as they still supply square files - and if they don't, well they;'ve only got themselves to blame!):

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Volnaiskra-
    Thanks,this opens a whole new part of fusion to me.
    I see you keep your pngs in a folder of its own,so how do you package it with your game when you put it on steam or the app store?
    Sorry to keep bugging you with questions.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry just saw this. Yeah, I do it the same way. apppath$ is your friend!

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a way to load multiple images into a frame at the same time?