Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adapting Phizzy's Dizzy Inventory Example

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adapting Phizzy's Dizzy Inventory Example

I've used Phizzy's "Dizzy Inventory Example" here: http://www.castles-of-britain.com/di...oryexample.mfa for my game (with some modifications).

I'm currently trying to adapt it so the player can pick up and carry 4 items instead of just 3, but I'm struggling to get it to work for carrying 4 inventory items. Can someone help?

Here's a PDF of the code for Phizzy's example, it works fine for carrying 3 items but I'd like the player to carry 4. I've already created a fourth Text Blitter so it's just a matter of integrating it into the code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6x3jc8mg1...0code.pdf?dl=0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone help with this? My game is finished it's just that I'd like to be able to carry four items instead of three but I can't adapt the inventory example to work that way.
    I can only link to a PDF of the code as it's pretty large and posting images of it all here would be insane.
    For clarification of how the inventory actually functions you can see it in my trailer for the game (when it was still being developed): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2lDkH8ruCA

I really need to make this work for carrying four items but I can't figure it out.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post a stripped down .mfa file instead with the code u need help with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ zip2kx okay but that's going to take me a while. Also, still can't quote anyone on these forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truffle INV.mfa
    This is a stripped down test, just the one empty room, frame resized to 640 x 480 and everything else removed. Inventory group is open.
    I'd like to preserve the way the inventory functions (as it matches the way the Dizzy games worked). I just need it so the player can carry four items instead of three.

I've not added a fourth text blitter in this test, but there should be room to squeeze another into the Inventory box.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm Sorry i cant help you here, I'm having trouble understanding Phizzys code... hopefully someone else can figure it out for you. Maybe try finding Phizzy and emailing him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @zip2kx I tried. Marv (aka Nivram) tells me Phizzy is no longer around.

Yes it is complicated code isn't it? - now you can understand why I'm having such a hard time figuring it out. It's a work of genius.

EDIT

Can someone please explain why I can only Reply With Quote my own posts and no one else's? It's driving me mad.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i saw you asking about this, i thought WTF you lazy sod. its easy. (if you understand the code) - dont copy something you dont understand. do your own which you do know what its doing.

Cheques in the MAIL !!!
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @danjo LOL that's just it danjo I don't understand the code! Although I didn't copy and paste Phizzy's code I typed it manually following the tutorial mfa but other than his comments it didn't explain how or why each section of it worked.

Thank you so much for doing that, you're a star. Now I can compare the previous code with your alterations and maybe I can figure out how it works from that eh?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where i made alterations, i added a red comment line(blank)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast