User Tag List

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefly - 3d in Fusion, Just released!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once I tried out Unreal Engine to try to make a 3D version of a Fusion game I made and was very hard and really buggy so I gave up.

I'm excited to see this, hopefully I can get it soon

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blurymind View Post
    For 79 bucks you can buy several visual programming plugins for unity3d and develop a 3d game with no programming syntax knowledge on a real 3d game engine with all the bells and whistles - supporting exporting to anything for free
    How do you reckon anyone would be able to make a game in Unity without being able to at least write scripts and have a general knowledge of programming syntax? I would assume people choose Fusion because they prefer the workflow (I know I do, I dislike programming), so to give those that prefer to work in Fusion more things to work in, for a very low fee, have nothing but upsides.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The screenshots on the store page are too small to read the event editor. Looks like a cool project though

Quote Originally Posted by Xeeko View Post
    How do you reckon anyone would be able to make a game in Unity without being able to at least write scripts and have a general knowledge of programming syntax? I would assume people choose Fusion because they prefer the workflow (I know I do, I dislike programming), so to give those that prefer to work in Fusion more things to work in, for a very low fee, have nothing but upsides.
    http://www.hutonggames.com/

No coding needed

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought Fire Fly in support of Clickteam. I was fortunate enough to work on and test the Alpha version of Fire Fly over a year ago, and I was impressed with the effort Chris and others put into this. No one is forced to buy this.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Engine held up strong. I got to 15k Objects in memory, half of them being bounce objects and the other half being their polygons. The engine ran acceptably (hovered at around 30FPS). But that's a pretty awesome result, just goes to show that its more than capable of doing large object games all with interactivity. Already its beaten Unreal as far as object bottlenecks are concerned, Unreal tops out normally at 1k static meshes and even lower once I add any sort of movement or interactivity to them. Beating Unity will be a challenge because obviously it being 64bit has a bit of an advantage over Firefly. But still 7k worth of polygon objects all with interactivity is pretty sweet. Really nice benchmark. (I mean it didn't crash did it lol).

If you can't tell I'm having a lot of fun with this .

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added this on my list to buy this year... Even though I don't make PC games (only mobile) but it could make a way for me, to make some PC games, and maybe mobile will be supported in the future? Think I saw a comment that it all depends on the sales etc..
    So I will assume that mobile will be included at that point then? (asking the devs for this one )

If something is useful I'll get it.. Heck , I bought most of the other ones, and so far never used it... but it's only to help the Devs and for Clickteam in the Future.. and when I get more time, I'll implement it into my own games.
    Sure $80 is a jump, but like others said... you could pay more elsewhere, and heck Unreal.. I tried it once, and was about to blow my brains out.. so I am sticking with Fusion.. 10.000 times easier.. Having a lot of fun..
    And using it for 3 years in a row now, every single day (except when I didn't have a laptop... lol) and the results are worth it overtime... You always get your moneys worth it, and get it back from revenue...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to start any arguments but I'd wish people would stop comparing this 3D solution to Unity or Unreal. Those are both AAA capable engines that render the quality of graphics that a lot of players expect out of games these days. From what I've seen from the example videos, Firefly looks like it renders something from more than 10 years ago. This is probably why you can run 15k objects, it's doing nothing in terms of rendering compared with the two big 3D engines out there.

I'm going to sit on the sidelines before I pull the trigger on buying this until I can see some better looking examples. I'm all for supporting Clickteam, but not just buying things for the hell of it.

This set of extensions also HEAVILY reminds me of a set of Irrichlt ones that were released a very long time ago in beta. They had a million of these separate extensions that you had to insert for each part of the 3D engine, and manipulating each of them in the event editor was a nightmare. Hopefully they've streamlined things since then in this version.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the Irrlicht engine.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes it is based on the Irrlicht code. We worked really hard to maximize the event editor use in Fusion when building this objects. I have the basics of a SRPG in under 50 event lines.

No one is asking anyone to buy it just because it's Clickteam. Buy it if you want to try it. We will work on better high poly examples over then next few weeks. Finding high quality 3d models we can distribute in a open source example has been part of the problem.

Again no we aren't Unity or Unreal, this is the FIRST official 3d support from Clickteam on Fusion. Their offerings have been evolving for quite some time. It might take a little while and little support to get to the Unity or Unreal level. We sure are going to try if the support from the community exists to continue to fund it's development.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look forward to the examples

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast