User Tag List

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefly - 3d in Fusion, Just released!

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your questions were pretty much already answered in this thread, but I will answer them again:
    Firefly is better and easier than the OpenGL extension, it also has continuous support and development.
    .Obj files are supported and many more, there's an official list somewhere.
    Android / iOS support will be added depending on sales.
    Shadows are work in progress, buggy and cause crashes atm that's why they are not in any of the trailers.
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply! Well, the .obj support is definitely a level up from the previous work. It would be a nightmare, if you would have to use some obscure and obsolete format to make your games

I could see this greatly benefit from the mobile support, as you would probably use it to similar types of games as Fusion 2D (topdown shooters, platformers, puzzle games, etc.) but in a three-dimensional form.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys. Got this the other day and have been playing around. A huge step forward for 3d in the Click universe, never seen anything like it that's as easy to use.

2D Sprite Animation in the 3D world???

Though I'm curious, is there any way to either animate the sprite billboard objects, or animate textures or anything of the like yet? For example any sort of 2d animated sprites in a 3d world, like any enemy character in the original Doom engine, or 2d explosions, or literally anything 2d that should be able to have multiple image frames.

Seems like a huge oversight to not be able to have multiple frames for something as simple as a 2d object...

3D Models with Textures Already Built In (What file types are best to convert external 3d models into for this?)

And my other question is, what's the best way to combine a 3d model that has seperate texture files that it reads fine outside of the program, and compile them into one object so that Firefly doesnt just load the blank 3d model. I can see that some objects used in the example files were able to have the textures built and automatically applied, but when I download a new 3d model off the internet, the default models textures never seem to be automatically apply/be compatible.

Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can either apply different materials to any object giving the impression of animation
    or you can use the FF image object that holds a list of images and just flick through them to give sprite based animation.

it all depends where your model come from, some sites have good models others need a bit of work - its mostly to do with where the textures are held in relation to the model location.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'd have to make 10 different materials for 10 frames of animation for just one short animation for one character? I guess that could do it in essence, but surely there's a better way, or a better way in the works. Like having the materials themselves be able to have multiple frames per texture (like an Active Object does) instead of just that one frame (Like a Backdrop Object does).

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the Firefly Image object can't exist within the 3d world can it? Like so it moves around and behind other 3d objects etc.

Sorry, I guess it's all still in the early days, but I guess it seems like a pretty basic feature, and would allow a familiar and easy avenue for indie developers who aren't really 3d modellers like myself, to have 2d animated sprites in a 3d world (like Mario Kart 64, Doom etc.)

Oh well, I'll keep on tinkering and await new features as they come about. Thanks for the help!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'll be honest and say when designing a 3d world i didn't really think people would want 2d sprites in it

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a shame, since billboarded sprites are a great way to cheaply add animation and "complex" looking objects without wasting polys. Even though modern 3D engines like to push their ability to crunch polys, there will always be a need for low tech solutions. Animating UV's (as I mentioned previously) is pretty much the simplest way to make a single texture into multiple frames on a single object. I'm sure a lot of features will be added to Firefly as it is developed more, but I think the reality is that a lot of Fusion users are interested in 2D game making. And this would mean that if they want to use 3D, it is for 2D style games. Maybe I am way off here, but that is how I would use it if I were going to play around with it in my games. i would want to be able to use Firefly to integrate 3D objects into my existing 2D games.

Was that not the intention of Firefly?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mobichan, If you've played Quadratic Attack 3D, then you'd know that not everyone using Fusion wants to use it for purely 2D games, so the point of Firefly is to finally provide people with a good, full-blown 3D engine in CF2.5, since the old OpenGL objects were buggy and complex.

Using it to add 3D objects to a 2D game would be a nice extra feature for it to have, and you can probably already use it for 2.5D games (as many people have decided to call them, e.g. games that play in 2D but use 3D models for everything), but using it for 2D games with a few extra 3D objects is not the priority, from the sounds of things.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just another point of 2d animated sprites in 3d worlds, I guarantee every single 3d AAA title uses them. Especially when it comes to effects. They're not always just for animating cheap looking characters and objects, they're used for explosion layers, magic effects, within particle generators etc. All that good stuff.

It's still a really exciting plug-in. I look forward to the "casts shadows" feature working, and more options opening up in regards to texture handling/polygon optimization options. But it's off to a cool start though, something I'd been dreaming about for years!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALRIGHT! So I have discovered a work-around. Probably could use a little extra work for optimization but I'll type out what I've got figured out so far:

HOW TO ANIMATE TEXTURES FOR 3D OBJECTS:

You can change the texture image of a material at run-time, but only by sourcing from an external image file. So what I did is in my file directory place a few consecutive png files to used as animation frames, starting at 0: walking0.png, walking1.png, walking2.png etc.

Then in the event editor you have to say something like these 3 things.

__________________________________________________ __________________
    -- When Character is Walking
    -- Every 0.10 seconds (or whatever speed you want the frames to change):

------ Set Alterable Value A
    (of whatever 3D object you are animating or whatever) to:
    (Alterable Value A(3d object name) + 1)mod(3) - (using mod then the number '3' is just how many total frames there will be before it goes back 0 and loops.

And then next under the Firefly Material object you go:
    ----- Edit A Material -> Textures -> First Texture -> From image file -> Input the number Material you are affecting (let's say 1) -> Then the file picker window comes up.

At this point you click 'use expression' and then input something along these lines: "Y:/3d/walking" + Str$(Alterable Value A (3d object name)) + ".png"
    (I'm using Alterable Value A as my store for the Frame Number I want to display, and obviously you'd change directories and file extensions to whatever. )

This makes it so that we can tell it which numbered image file to pick from for my 'walking' animation by referencing an Alterable Value that we can just add numbers to, instead of selecting files one by one.

And then finally across under the 3D Object you want to have an animated texture, you would get it to reload the Material:
    ----- (Load Material -> GetMaterial( "Material", 1 ) -> Node 0 etc.) like you usually do on creation of the object/at the start of frame. It just has to do it every time it updates the textures.

DONE!

This should mean every 0.10 seconds it will:
    - tell the Alterable Value to jump to the next image number,
    - tell the Material object to pick the next image in line and load it up as the texture
    - tell the 3d object to reload the texture.

Ta-da! Animated textures that can be as many frames as you like, and as fast as you like, for an 3D object. And because the files are sourced externally they are easy enough to edit and replace without changing any more code once it's set up.

Now, while this seems to work pretty much perfectly on any normal 3d object, unfortunately there is a bit of a bug with this when used for the BILLBOARD objects (which is what I originally intended its use for) as it doesn't seem to update the material each loop. So my workaround was to just apply all this to a Firefly Primitive 3d Object set as a Plane, rotate the X Angle 90 degrees so the flat plane is now standing up, and then in the events always set it's Y rotation angle to The Firefly Camera's Y rotation angle + 180, to make it always be looking at the camera.

It does the trick. Hopefully you can all follow that so you can use it in the meantime.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast