User Tag List

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefly - 3d in Fusion, Just released!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Elvisish I did a bouncing ball that moved in 3d using the inbuilt bouncing ball objects.
    Basically the ball bounces in X,Y as one object, and in the Z as another object that just tracks the Y movement. This allowed me to have a ball that moved on all 3 axis using the inbuilt physics of Fusion 2.5.
    I'm going to use a similar idea for bullet drop.

P3D was great but Firefly is a lot better as far as sheer performance is concerned. I enjoyed my time with P3D but it had limitations, its basically you get what you pay for. A very basic 3D program. If you did a simple dungeon crawler in it where the game was loaded in rooms P3D will work fantastic, same with FPS, if you were just doing a Wolf3D clone P3D works fine (actually better than fine since it allows you to look up and down as well as move up and down stairs). That said though P3D is actually harder to use versus Firefly. Firefly just uses an object for each type of module, whereas P3D uses a qualifier which isn't as nice. P3D is better for UI at this stage because you can position actives over the top of the render frame whereas Firefly at the moment has to always be on top (though CT is adding new objects to the engine exclusively for UIs).

If I had to compare Firefly all the way because Polygons are amazing. P3D is great but it can't do polygons well unless you reduce the amount that are rendered on the screen.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok i own the Game dev. version of Poser that allows me to use actual models for a 3D game but the assets themselves can't be extracted by anyone so how does that work? If i import a fbx or an obj file, will they be embedded in the gamefile preventing anyone from stealing them? :-)

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think you can use OBJ files.. From what i've read in an earlier posts it's other extensions...
    But I could be wrong..

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    .OBJ is completely useable! I use it in my current SRPG Project.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh sweet... Thanks... Getting it then tonight

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your continued support Perry, let us know what to add, change or fix once you dive in!

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, I know what to add, but that's not going to happen atm lol has something todo with Mobile... haha
    but that it will work for Fusion 3 is a plus, so that's a plus right there.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So...are the 3D objects embedded in the gamefile or do they stay open/free to grab with your project?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There is a method (I haven't done myself) where you bundle you 3d assets up in a compressed file, and send a password in Fusion to open. Let me see if I can get the details.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Folks had asked about poly count, in the recent gif I posted, Triadian passed on to me this image...

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast