User Tag List

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Firefly - 3d in Fusion, Just released!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if these things have already been asked, but is Firefly cross platform compatible so you can build games for iOS and Android on it? And how would performance be? Also will there be any kind of demo to try it out?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Modine View Post
    And then next under the Firefly Material object you go:
    ----- Edit A Material -> Textures -> First Texture -> From image file -> Input the number Material you are affecting (let's say 1) -> Then the file picker window comes up.
    why are you loading them from a file ? - i said to use the material cache at the very start and that it would be a lot easier - and doing it your way will kill your speed and your hard drive.

@outcast - http://library.clickteam.com/extensions/firefly/frequently-asked-questions/

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mainly because using the Material Cache means you have to keep creating an entire new material and reinputting the settings for each new frame. And when you start getting to animations that have like 10 frames plus. It's fine for a few frames of animation, but this way you just have to put the new frames in a folder and then just change the max frame value. That seems much quicker and easier to me (at least on the creation end) but possibly further down the track it'll show that it starts slowing down the engine. Haven't seen it yet though.

But I'm open to any better ideas! What would you suggest for something like a 10 frame walking animation, with variations for left, right, backwards and forwards direction? (Technically 40 frames just for the walking animations alone)

They're both not the greatest options, but for longer animations I feel like the "in Fusion" way would just become messy.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Sorry if these things have already been asked, but is Firefly cross platform compatible so you can build games for iOS and Android on it? And how would performance be? Also will there be any kind of demo to try it out?
    It's Windows only currently.
    Depending on the Sales, Mobile will be added

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Modine View Post
    Mainly because using the Material Cache means you have to keep creating an entire new material and reinputting the settings for each new frame. And when you start getting to animations that have like 10 frames plus. It's fine for a few frames of animation, but this way you just have to put the new frames in a folder and then just change the max frame value. That seems much quicker and easier to me (at least on the creation end) but possibly further down the track it'll show that it starts slowing down the engine. Haven't seen it yet though.

But I'm open to any better ideas! What would you suggest for something like a 10 frame walking animation, with variations for left, right, backwards and forwards direction? (Technically 40 frames just for the walking animations alone)

They're both not the greatest options, but for longer animations I feel like the "in Fusion" way would just become messy.
    hmm i'm imagining something like space invaders - where each alien has lets say 20 frames - with 40 aliens on screen you will be accessing the harddrive 60 frames per sec = 2400 file reads per second ? hope you dont have a SSD cause that will burn through your lifetime reads very quickly.

if its a sprite image the material cache wont need changing from default values. and just can store all the frames in 1 cache and just loop through them in 1 material change event.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    It's Windows only currently.
    Depending on the Sales, Mobile will be added
    Oh, that makes it not interesting to me. I hope it will be added cross platform compatibility in the future!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triadian View Post
    hmm i'm imagining something like space invaders - where each alien has lets say 20 frames - with 40 aliens on screen you will be accessing the harddrive 60 frames per sec = 2400 file reads per second ? hope you dont have a SSD cause that will burn through your lifetime reads very quickly.

if its a sprite image the material cache wont need changing from default values. and just can store all the frames in 1 cache and just loop through them in 1 material change event.
    Ohhhh right. Didn't realise that referencing outside files that frequently could be such a big problem! That's good to know.
    I'll play around with just using the Material Cache texture images edited within Fusion instead, but at least I now know its possible to animate textures at all (though a little clunky).
    Really hope at some point in the future that multiple animation frames per material texture can be implemented. This will work in the meantime.
    Thanks for you help!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BartekB View Post
    @faber Attachment 21775
    If you have more objects, you need to manually add them to engine on start of frame (Just like I did with the Primitive)
    I have tried to get exclusive fullscreen to work but all I get is just white a white screen. It does work in borderless windows mode but I want it to work in exclusive fullscreen.
    Is there a way to get this to work, it tried to get it to work with the FPS example with no luck.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great works. Nice job!!! . I need some 3D in my games . But actually want mobile ports too . So I purchase it after compatibility with Android and iOS port .

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got an update but there is no list of changes.What's new.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast