User Tag List

Thread: HTML5 works on Firefox on Mobile and PC, but is that it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question HTML5 works on Firefox on Mobile and PC, but is that it?

So, I uploaded an HTML5 version of my game to Newgrounds. It took about a dozen times, but I finally got it working pretty nicely on my Android phone. However, it only works when I use the Firefox browser (on my phone) and not with Chrome. My phone doesn't have another web browser. I think the HTML5 exporter with Chrome not working is a known issue.

What is going on with the exporter? Is there news? Does anybody need help testing?

I am thrilled that I got it to work,but if it loads half way on Chrome and then stops... I'm assuming most people use Chrome if they aren't on iOS, so I'm expecting people to give up and I'll end up with a huge no-play rate.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    >> I think the HTML5 exporter with Chrome not working is a known issue.

I just tested an application and it works with Chrome on Android. You should post a bug report in the bug box with an example application that doesn't work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have opened a bug, but krolik -- Is your HTML5 app working on Chrome (PC and mobile/android)?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    >> the game is very simply, but fps is critically low.

The HTML5 runtime is slower than native runtimes in a general manner, especially on mobile phones.

Unfortunately I've no time right now to help you improve the performance of your game, I'm very sorry. But at least I can help checking why it doesn't work in single file mode and see if there is a bug somewhere. Try to make a MFA less than 5 Mb zipped, post a bug report to the bug box that explains what's wrong and attach the zip file (you can set the report as Private so that only us can see it).

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @krolik, I tried your application on Chrome (version 54) on an Android mobile phone with the "Create single source file" option checked before building, it works fine and it doesn't seem to be slow at all.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @redpandagames, when I build and upload your game as HTML5 app on the Clickteam server, it loads and works fine on Chrome on an Android mobile phone.

When I inspect the log from the newgrounds link you gave in the bug report, it says MP3 files are are missing from your app resources folder on the Newgrounds server.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just an idea: if Fireworks loads OGG files rather than MP3 by default and Chrome prefers MP3 files, and MP3 files are missing in your resources folder, this would explain why it works with Fireworks and not with Chrome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Yves. I just tried deleted the automatically generated .mp3 files on my other app and it worked without a problem on Chrome. The problem is, if you point to an MP3 in your app as the primary sound file and delete it later, it won't run on Chrome.

The moral of the story is: Don't point to an MP3 file and then delete it after MMF2 builds the resources. However, you can delete self-generated MP3 files from the SRC folder and it will still work.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    When you run an html5 app, Fusion asks the browser what sound formats it can play and which ones it prefers. Probably Chrome doesn't prefer the same format on different devices (for example it may prefer MP3 if the device contains a hardware MP3 decoder). So if you remove MP3 files from the resources folder when Fusion expects them to be in this folder this won't work.

But there is a solution... In Fusion, open the Preferences, in the General tab select the "HTML5" exporter and then uncheck "Build mp3 sounds instead of m4a sounds". Fusion won't generate MP3 sounds if this option is not checked.