User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PSx shader for firefly?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PSx shader for firefly?

I know the only reason I've personally wanted to make 3d games is for them to have that Tomb Raider 1 look Here's an example of a shader for Unity:

Here's a reddit discussion and a link to the github: https://www.reddit.com/r/Unity3D/com..._shaders_that/

z-fighting, polygon quantize jitter, affine texture mapping and lower framerate (not gameplay speed but rendered framerate) all play a part in this. Would something like this be possible in firefly?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes you can use shaders in Firefly. I just added for the next update a shader example, in the Shader example frame, it deploys a HLSL shader to make a water effect.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are awesome Kisguri !

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First time I've ever heard of Z-fighting being a disireable visual effect lol. ZFightings entirely possible in any engine, just put two planes overlapping one another on your static mesh and you'll get Zfighting automatically.
    Its ugly as heck though. But obviously if you want the game to act like its glitching out that's how you'd do it.

Texture mapping/Filtering can be changed in the engine too I noticed where you can turn off Bilinear filtering. Makes the game look older can be useful if you want to preserve sharpness.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MrCyberpunk i know there's quite a niche community interested in replicating early 3d game looks, so forced z-fighting and such would be great. Turning off filtering is great, but @Kisguri are there any plans on adding affine texture rendering for us diehards?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are there any plans on adding affine texture rendering for us diehards?
    i've just read up on how to do it - and its do-able i have added it to my list of feature requests. no promises though.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be AMAZING and, as the kids say, an insta-buy for me if it had this!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably not the first thing I would choose to implement and advertise unless you want to make the engine look 20 years out of date instead of 10, (not that it actually is). I thought that effect looked bad when I first saw it in Ultima Underworld, and it still looks bad. As far as nostalgia goes I think of the atmosphere created by the games not the texture distortion which to my eyes looks queasy.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it wouldn't be for everyone, would it? And you wouldn't have to advertise the engine with it, plus the indie world is swimming with retro rather than AAA.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, but it's one of those things personally I have no nostalgia for, I have difficulty understanding the appeal of that distortion :p

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast