User Tag List

Thread: How to export my game to not be stolen?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to export my game to not be stolen?

Hi,

After 150 hours, I finaly finish the beta version of my first game! But im not sure how to export it to prevent piracy (it's a PC game).

If I create a standalone exe, a pirate juste need to share the exe file to give the game to his friends or put it on torrent sites.

If I create an installation, the pirate can share the installer or zip the folder...

So, what's the best option to export my game and counter piracy? (I know its impossible to totaly prevent piracy, but right now it's a little bit too easy to steal my game).

Thanks

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if it's on steam
    check if connected to steam
    if yes, then go to next frame. if not, end game.

You could do some online checking.

Do some Keys or something.

Still finding more answers as well

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may sound crazy, but one technique that some game developers use is that they release the pirated versions themselves, but make a few tweaks the effectively make the game worse, if not downright unplayable, beyond a certain point, with the game then making things pretty clear (one way or another) that the issues are only because the game was pirated.

Of course, people will eventually catch on and the real version will get spread as well, but still, it's a thing that some people have done nonetheless.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Yes, my objectif is to be greenlit and sell my game on steam. How do I add the variable "if connected to steam"?