User Tag List

Thread: Sales of Indie Games at itch.io

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Sales of Indie Games at itch.io

Hi clickers,

I am ending my last game for PC and wanted to see if could share their experiences of sales in itch.io, taking in has two factors that I care: piracy and users that not buy.

Is that the first (piracy) system generates some keys, not is how it works, and the second topic is if people entering this website generally only seek free indie games.

Thank you for your responses!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone I can help with any comment or experience?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itch.io has a great community and a good place to actually host your games. The owner is very generous and community friendly so he hasnt added limits (yet).

Sales wise it's quite bad, since their sorting and ranking isn't complex or rank based on other values than the date added. I would treat it as a good place to host your game and market it everywhere else.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks for your kind response, is good to do community for the game but not for sales.

Now the topic of the piracy, if public is very easy that put the game on all sides? Work the famous system of keys?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean... everyone has a problem with piracy if you have success. Itch.io doesnt mean instant download since you can add a price to it. But I guess a key would be the best and easiet way. I wouldnt bother with it unless you somehow knew you have a hit on your hands.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully be a success my game!

At least the community on my FB page is very excited.

https://www.facebook.com/MediaTech.Games/

What if not I was clear and not is if know, is if itch.io generates the key for them games of payment in your portal?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I see, no i dont think it does. It's more of a hosting and payment portal, you will have to create your own serial system in-game.