Heya folks! I been quiet for quite some time now and wanted to come back after a long break and have another stab at this SMB engine that I was working on before. I know I have another thread for this, but this engine is a complete rewrite which I worked very hard to improve from the last one and since I found the other one was littered with bugs, I wanted to keep this one separate. I'm sorry if I'm beating this SMB to death, but I just can't help it and my attention to detail is overrunning me lol. After play testing my other engine more and more, I was surprised at how much stuff I really messed up on and things I could have done better, so this is a great learning experience for me and possibly others when I release this.
At the moment, I don't have an MFA available as I would like to actually complete the first level with a functional level ending and working point system, etc. I do have to say I am totally excited I managed to get a proper functioning palette cycle going for the invincibility mode and fire flower picking up. I actually found a method from the forums here by schrodinger when he was trying to help someone with cycling palette colors and I managed to incorporate the concept into my work this time instead of using the ink methods I was doing in my other version. I did credit him for the awesome idea!
Anyhow, I'd like to show a bit of a video showcasing where I stand so far. I know it's not much, but believe me, compared to my other platform engine, this is a huge improvement to everything.
I promise, I will eventually get the complete MFA uploaded when I get things in better condition.