User Tag List

Thread: Active Picture fails to load on Android (no crash but Active Picture remains blank)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Active Picture fails to load on Android (no crash but Active Picture remains blank)

Trying to load pictures into an Active Picture object on Android.

My code is basically - load a file into an Array object, then iterate (via fastloops). Depending on the value in a certain XYZ position, a certain segment of the active picture would be pasted as a backdrop.

This code works perfectly fine on Windows, but I can't get the image to load on Android; the active picture remains empty. I have confirmed (via pasting Active Objects instead) that the issue is with Active Picture, not with Array; the Array data loads perfectly fine.

To be clear, I am using the "Load Image" action of the Active Picture object, and using an expression to select the file (with that being said, even if I pre-set the image - which wouldn't work long term as I have more than one I need to load, but I tried to use this for testing - it doesn't work either). I have tried using the Data Folder from the Android object, and just the filename with no prefix. Nothing seems to be working.
    Is there some specific prefix I need to put with the filename (even though no such thing is nessecary with the Array object)? I have seen other people ask about this and get no response; while others have got replies and people have posted supposedly-working MFA files, but the links to these are now broken.

The most common workaround I've seen suggested is to use an active object instead. Loading this from a file doesn't work either, it causes the app to crash (and at any rate, this would mean I'd need to split the tilesets into single-image files). Pre-assigning the tiles to the frames of active objects could possibly work, but would be an extreme hassle (and probably quite a memory hog).

Just to be sure, yes, I did include the source PNG files as Binary Data in my app. And yes, I made sure that case-sensitivity couldn't be the issue.

So, basically - how do I load images from binary data, on Android, into an Active Picture object?

(Using Clickteam Fusion 2.5, R287.9, Steam version.)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the inconvenience Android Active picture does not have this features implemented, due to some speed problem in the past, please add this a bug feature report it will take into account for next features updates.

===================================

to use image add in data elements binary data e.g: moon.jpg, and just put the name in action picture file "moon" the image should be packed when built
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up going the Active Object route. It wasn't as much of a performance hit as I expected, so the only real downside is that I have to manually reimport the tilesets to the object's animations any time I want to change them.

However, I'm now having another issue, where the collisions are being detected incorrectly on Android (via the "Check for obstacle at" condition of the Storyboard object). Once again, this issue does not occur on the Windows (EXE) runtime. I've filed a report on the bug tracker with an MFA illustrating this. (Issue #4080)

EDIT: I've tracked down what's almost certianly the exact cause of this issue, and updated it in the bugtracker. Would appreciate if my attachment there could be removed (it doesn't offer me the option to remove it myself) or at least set to non-public.